View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 9:53

Session 10 2010???

29/5/2010 I will put this up there under the theroy that we will do something, at the moment i am undecided what exactly tho.

Spot 1 - Dan
Spot 2 - Chris
Spot 3 - Pat
Spot 4 - J.D
Spot 5 - SHAMUS LOVES COCK!
Spot 6 - Dean

Spoiler:

Well....

Interesting last session to say the least, if we can take nothing else from it let it be a leasson that the first plan you attempt when solving a problem might not necessarily be the best course of action.

I am not sure where we go from here but i would like to hear your thoughts before i make my dessicion.

So i ask these questions of you.

What do you think should happen from here;

Is this campaigne finished?

If not why?

Should we start something new?

if we do start something new should i DM it?

Give me any thoughts you have because what ever is done if we wish to play something in two weeks we probably have but a few days to decide.

The campagine as we know it can not continue but...

Last edited by Matt on Tue 25 May 2010 - 18:27; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: There is no spoon!   Sun 16 May 2010 - 10:10

So.......TPK via Dividing by Zero. Multiple dimensional pockets, Legendary Artifact destruction and Mass Devistation. Fucking intense.

Personally I don't see this as the end of the campaign. I like my character, the development of his personality and the cultivation of relationships with your characters has been growing and expanding. Organically. I believe we have come to a serious juncture though.

Might I add that this would be an interesting time to address the suggestion of each player having some one on one time with the DM to address their character and it's possible continuation within the current world.

Think about it.

What if the power of this Legendary Artifact was so great that it some how managed to keep our spirits safe as the destructive power of the arcane maelstrom tore the world asunder? How do you think your character would process this and the realization of it's actions;

• We could possibly survive but at what cost?
  • How many paid the price for our mistake?
  • Could we face each other knowing what we had done?

There are so many questions that we could and should ask ourselves here not only as players but also as characters in this world we have created (and now possibly destroyed).

Sorry if this seems disjointed, I have many thought processes to sift through and try to voice in a constructive way. But please, let's every one of us give their input here to determine our future. Remember each of us has invested a great deal of time and thought into this campaign.

I am keen to hear what you have to think and say.

/that is all.

P.S. Anyone up for some UNO? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 12:25

not sure what im signin on for but BAM! fat dicks im 1st Razz
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 14:03

Dan wrote:
not sure what im signin on for but BAM! fat dicks im 1st Razz

Good to see your keen to play Dan but i still would like your opinion on the OP
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 16:17

Sure... unexpected results can (and usually are) bad. But it doesn't say anywhere that they have to be.

There's always the possibility that things can turn out for the best, rather than the end of the world.

Maybe, just maybe the tablets passing through the assorted realms has caught the attention of elders long forgotten.
Amilta herself said that there were many with whom they no longer had contact.
Perhaps they had grown weary of this world and had moved onto another plane.

To the shadow fey, to reunite with their clansmen from ages past.
To hell, to seek pennance for an injustice ehich weighed heavy on their soul.
To the Astral sea, to... have a swim?

What if the in the briefest of seconds the tablets were in these realms, the ancients heard it call.
What if the blinding flash of light was the sign of a hundred spirits from across the planes returning in their tribes time of desperation.

Just a thought.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Patty on Sun 16 May 2010 - 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fatdicks.forumotion.com
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 17:26

some interesting miss ruleings from last night for you to considered.

After a response from WotC due to JD's email to them it turns out the minimal size of a linked portal is a 10ft diameter circle (or for our sake 3m).

And after sitting down and doing a bit of trig i worked out the smallest you could get the Otak-Pak-Rawn down to size wise (using the details i gave you last night,) was a 2m by 2.75m Rectangle, i will let you guys work out if that fits through the portal or not.

I was all so informed that the O-P-R should not have travled through the Arcane gate at all because Johan was infact killed by the coup de-Grace the red slaad performed on him at the camp site.

I am sure there where a few other bad ruleings last night, feel free to point them out now.

All so with regards to the questions in the orriginal post, thanks to those guys who have already added their thoughts but i really want to get everybodys thought on the matter by the end of Tuesday if possible so please please please comment.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 17:40

Patty wrote:

Sure... unexpected results can (and usually are) bad. But it doesn't say anywhere that they have to be.

There's always the possibility that things can turn out for the best, rather than the end of the world.

Maybe, just maybe the tablets passing through the assorted realms has caught the attention of elders long forgotten.

To the shadow fey, to reunite with their clansmen from ages past.
To hell, to seek pennance for an injustice ehich weighed heavy on their soul.
To the Astral sea, to... have a swim?

What if the in the briefest of seconds the tablets were in these realms, the ancients heard it call.
What if the blinding flash of light was the sign of a hundred spirits from across the planes returning in their tribes time of desperation.

Just a thought.

So does anybody else think that there should be minimal negative repercussions for players actions in game?

It is an interesting option.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 17:54

I will also confirm to attend!

My 2c:

Firstly, confirming attendance! Very Happy

Secondly, I'm not really one for retroactively applying rules hiccups, especially ones like "Person is dead". I'm of the belief that if it was missed out of innocence (IE, not "Hur I won't tell the DM I'm dead so I'm not dead"), then there's no problemo. I'm weird like that, though.

Second, I kinda think we made our bed (Well, the casters made the bed and we all hoped in to touch dicks), so what Matty rules on this one is how we roll.

Speaking from a less logical standpoint, surviving could be neat if it could be done in such a way that it doesn't seem like some enormous DEM. I know the fourth wall has been shattered numerous times, but that's kinda a weird thing for me. I am being largley incoherent.

I enjoyed the setting, and was enjoying trying to fold the Pendat into the other tribes peacefully. Depending on what the final outcome is, I'm happy to continue playing Jareth, alter him, reroll or even jump to a new system (though I am enjoying 4e immensely). It would be a shame if one fail descision ruined the entire game world that Matt has obviously put time and effort into.

Especially just when I cried out to any god for protection! Blasphemy is fun! Wheeee!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 17:56

Matt wrote:
I am sure there where a few other bad ruleings last night, feel free to point them out now.

tbh a DM can't be expected to remember every little nuance of the rules. Also, it probably would have made 0 difference overall, as our plan would've changed from

->Go to tablet -> Ritual -> End the World

to

-> Go to tablet -> Rez Johann -> Ritual -> End the World
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 19:00

Chris wrote:
Matt wrote:

tbh a DM can't be expected to remember every little nuance of the rules. Also, it probably would have made 0 difference overall, as our plan would've changed from

->Go to tablet -> Ritual -> End the World

to

-> Go to tablet -> Rez Johann -> Ritual -> End the World

Ow there are no rerullings after the game, its just so we know for next time.
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 19:05

matty wrote:
So does anybody else think that there should be minimal negative repercussions for players actions in game?

It is an interesting option.

not saying that there shoudn't be negative reprocussions for bad actions.
just saying that unexpected results don't necessarily have to be bad results.

Presumably, had THE diceroll been higher, then things would have gone a little differently.

DICE ROLL - 19
Matty - Wow, ok. The atak pok rawn slides through the portals there is a massive shimmer and the whole world seems to shake for a second, then you find yourself in sharkeys. Sharkey is all like 'WTF MATE?'
US - Yay us. Now lets have a beer and touch dicks.

However since something didn't go exactly as planned it doesn't have to mean...

DICE ROLL - 3
US - FUCK!!!
Matty - Yay explosion, end of all PCs. Bonus xp for me.

Perhaps with the APR simultaniously passing through the 3 realms (all while still being in our own) a great demon has siezed the oportunity and chanelled itself through the artifact to escape its imprisonment in the lowest layer of hell. Maybe, due to our small part in his escape, some deity somewhere has charged us with his reclamation.

Maybe the raven queen has done something similar, seizing this brief moment when her reach could expand outside her realm to reclaim the souls lost to her in the astral sea. with her attention turned elsewhere mayhaps something has stolen us from our path to her realm for reasons unknown.

Just saying, massive explosion and death isn't the only thing that has to happen.
There are always options.

This a chance for you matty to open any door you choose.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Sun 16 May 2010 - 19:45

Ok so we want negatives that dont involve death.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 8:37

Did a little more thinking last night and a bit more trig between games of LoL and came up with a couple of ways you could have fit the OPR through the corpse gate portal, one of them in 2 rounds one of them in 5 or 6 rounds.

Ah well,

I have given a lot of what Patty has said so far some thought and all though i dont think i will ever drop the game to the soft and cuddely level which he describes it sounds like the general consensus is that things should go on.

So i shall come up with something.

What i will need from all of of you BY THIS THURSDAY! (20/5/2010) is a complete up to date copy of your chr's.

Get it done!
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 11:42

Ok sorry for my late reply, I was at work all day yesterday. Right. That's what the 10 past 11 thing was. Yeah I had a look at the coupe de gras rule and you are right. I genuinely didn't remember the bloodied value outright slaying rule. You could have said it then. As Chris said, the DM can't be expected to remember all the rules and if a player is aware of them it would be helpfull to speak up. We do when it benefits us it is only fair to speak up when it hinders us. I would have had I known.

As for what I think the out come of our decision should be..... I would like to say we could go off the ruling that the corpse portal would have been big enough for this to work to an extent as we all had believed it would. How ever I also think post play rulings are flawed for we could say "but I was dead, that spell doesn't do that, you read that wrong, we didn't consider that the head of the frog demon wouldn't have been the largest part of the corpse and the portal would have opened up at the site where the headless body was left". But all that does is make the whole session questionable.

This is what happened so where do we go from here? I think Patty has got the right idea. TPK all though amusing, is not the most imaginative outcome for something so awesome in it's retardedness. I feel that effects on one realm would have been lessened by the fact that it occured in all realms. Therefor I think that there should be some physical ramification in the mortal realm but less dramatic than we were all thinking saturday.

On Pattys idea about beings of another realm using the openning to their advantage, I like it but would prefer we could continue on this current story arc.

I could believe that the elders were awakened by the sheer magnitude of what we were about to do and drew together to protect the world of their people from idiots like us. The seized control of the Atuku pok rawn and closed the portal. They then pulled us into the APR and into the realm in which the reside for us to face our punishment for our ignorance. Aware of our intentions they were lenient to a point and only downed our levels or something similar. Then charged us with the protection of the Katak and their culture.

Just some thoughts. I will post the notes so we can really see where we went wrong. I thinking listening to Chris and I was the first real error.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 11:42

By the way I'm signing in for the next session.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 17:23

Matt wrote:
What i will need from all of of you BY THIS THURSDAY! (20/5/2010) is a complete up to date copy of your chr's.

The one up at the moment under character shit is up to date Mattikis.
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 18:29

Hornet wrote:

The one up at the moment under character shit is up to date Mattikis.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 18:30

Give me 300 XP and I'll put an updated one up! tongue
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 18:34

Physicist wrote:
Give me 300000 XP and a vorpal sword and I'll put an updated one up! tongue

no... what HE said
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 18:44

Thanks Shamus, if everybody else could follow his lead and make sure it is made clear to me when your character sheets are upto date.

I just wish to make a few points in regards to some of the feed back here with regards to last session as some people don't seem to be rembering it as i do. I am going to use Patty's post largly for exampels, not because i wish to pick on Patty but because he encoumpassed a lot of the generally held thoughts and because i can't be fucked doing the quotations of everybody.

I have established earlier that my ruleing on the portal size was incorrect and the OPR could have fit through it but in saying that when there is a difficult situation or a forgoton rule on the night and i have to make a call on the rules, what is done stands for that session. It can be debated and confirmed post session so if the situation happens again we will know better but what has happened has happend.

Secondly because of the difficult ruleing and the risky situation at the end of last session i tried to very clearly lay out every thing so you all knew where you stood.

Before you attempted to push the OPR through the three portals i made the following facts very clear.

+ for this plan to be successfull you would have to roll a 15 or more on a d20 (slightly better then 1 in 4 odds.)

+ If it wasn't succesfull the best possible outcome you could expect was an explosion that would level a city block.

+ I all so stated that any characters trained in Arcana had a very bad feeling about being any where near the portals when this was attempted.

I thought that made things fairly clear. Metaphorically speaking i put 4 bullets into the cyilinder spun it, placed the revolver on the table and said if you survive one pull of the trigger you get the prize.

You (colectivly speaking) wern't locked into the plan. I know some of you have said "but it takes us for ever to do anything in game i didn't want to waste more time!" and thats fine, but thats the thing about impatience... it can be bloody deadly when it wants to be.

A lot of the suggested options you guys have put forward seem fairly posative, taking Pattys for example.

Patty wrote:

This option seems like it's much better then what would have happened if you where succesfull.

Patty wrote:

Once again, this seems better then a possible success could have netted you.

Hornet wrote:

I could believe that the elders were awakened by the sheer magnitude of what we were about to do and drew together to protect the world of their people from idiots like us. The seized control of the Atuku pok rawn and closed the portal. They then pulled us into the APR and into the realm in which the reside for us to face our punishment for our ignorance. Aware of our intentions they were lenient to a point and only downed our levels or something similar. Then charged us with the protection of the Katak and their culture.

This one is closer to a negative out come then the first two and if i had put you in a situation where you were between a rock and a hard place and forced to make the roll it would be more then appropriate, as would probably be the first two but i didn't.

I mearly put forward the odds and possabilities of the path you where thinking about persuing and left to you guys.

So if i may return to my Russian roulette metaphor you (once again collectivly speaking) of your own free will took the gun placed it too your temple and pulled the trigger on what turned out to be a loaded chamber. Now you are arguing that maybe, just maybe instead of your grey matter painting the wall to your left, that the bullet only left you with a nasty scar that gives you a +2 to intimidate and rather then the treasure you where going to get you instead get a different treasure.

You chose your path

You rolled the dice

it was negative.

I will give you a negative.

Your arguments have convinced me that it doesn't have to be as negative as it should.

But whether or not a posative can be made of it will be up to you guys.

Twisted Evil

muahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 19:14

Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Mon 17 May 2010 - 19:26

I thought Matty wanted a negative outcome, what part of rape is negative
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Tue 18 May 2010 - 0:01

Ok Matty that is a valid evaluation and summary of the closing minutes of the session.

Now it appears we are at an impass. As attached as I am to my character, you are the one who has put the real work into this campaign. As characters we were trying to come up with a creative way to solve a problem with a possible exploitation of the situation. Being the result was a misunderstanding of the rules concluding in a possibly campaign ending event you and you alone are left with an epic decision.(epic only in it's relativity to fantasy characters we may have grown attached to).

Do you; end the campaign because justifying a less than devastating outcome would go against what you think is fair for the decision we made?, Listen to one of our suggestions for a possible alternate outcome and modify it in a way that allows us to continue with this story arc?, Or do you throw our existing characters into some exciting new and painful situation that gives you a nice change of pace?

The choice is yours to make. What ever you decide we will accept. If you are really asking for imput because you want to keep the players happy, then you may have to concede your instict to a point. But of course we are going to try and persuade a better ending than you would deem worthy. Players don't generally divide by zero deliberatley unless they are sick of their character or campaign. We have hopefully shown you that this was not an intentional faux pas and that we would hope we can survive with our dicks intact.

Good luck with the decision. I for one am interested in what you come upi with.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Tue 18 May 2010 - 8:21

Well i would have liked to hear some points of view drom Dean and Dan but time is fleeting.

Now we will have to wait and see.

Thank you Shamus, Patty and Chris for letting me know your characters are up to date, JD I am not sure if yours is or not and Dean and Dan can you please let me know ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   Tue 18 May 2010 - 18:52

I have noticed those clipboard character sheets dont display alignment or weight age hight ect, or religion.

Please add it to your posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session 10 2010???   

Back to top Go down

Session 10 2010???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next