This is the PLAN!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: This is the PLAN!   Mon 31 May 2010 - 17:44

Ok lads,

As you all well know this campaign has been running for nearly two years solid now and I have a confession to make.

I am some what burnt out.

So my plan is to take a two month break from DMing after the finish of session 11 and let the old batteries recharge some what. I feel this new story arc has a lot of potential and I don’t want it to end up bland because my motivational levels are down.

“But Matt when ever we take brakes from a game we never seem to go back to them and I don’t want this campaign to end yet!” I hear you say.

Well fear not my knuckle dragging friends!! My intention is to schedule the next session as usual right after the finish of session 11 so the date is locked in stone and we all know when we will next play, rather then me being vague about it and it being forgotten and pushed back over time as has been the previous examples.

If you have any major issues with this idea please feel free to make a suggestion in the link provided Here!

Now in the interim (around four sessions in total) one of you lot is going to run something because I feel like playing. What you run I don’t care as long as it’s an RPG.

The way this is going to work is each of you is going to suggest an option that you could run in this thread here by Friday and we will have a vote over the weekend. Which ever idea is chosen will then be run by the suggesting person in the 4 sessions between session 11 and session 12 for my campaign.

“Butt Matt!” you say, “DMing isn’t really my thing," or "I am no good at it," or "I don’t have enough time to prepare!” (JD and Patty I am looking at both of you here.)

Well princess its time for you to pull on a pair of big boy undies and step up to the plate. I am a barely literate man boy just like the rest of you mouth breathers and if I can pump out enough semi palatable bile for us to keep playing every other week for this long then you lot can manage it for four sessions. All so note that any long time DM will tell you that if it takes you more then three weeks to do the prep work to start a campaign you’re either doing to much prep or procrastinating!

Your suggestions don’t have to be overly detailed for the moment, something along the lines of;

“I might run a Deadlands game where you guys play some Texas rangers”

Or

“I could run some 4e DnD set in Forgotten realms.”

That is descriptive enough.

And if for some strange reason you deem yourself too important to have to enter a suggestion there will be ramifications. I won’t tell you what they are now because I am yet to think them up and hopefully I won’t need too, but they will be there if needed.

Finally, and please let me know if you disagree with this but I am going to exclude Dean from having to come up with a suggestion if he doesn’t feel that he has the time.

It is not that I don’t feel Dean is capable, most of us know that he is, it is just that his metaphorical plate is stacked so high with responsibilities at the moment that I would feel bad adding another to it.

Ok everybody leave your comments and get cracking on those suggestions, midnight on Friday is the dead line.

All so feel free to make more then one suggestion if you want to.

Last edited by Matt on Mon 31 May 2010 - 17:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Mon 31 May 2010 - 17:47

My stint as a player has gotten my DM juices flowing, if people are keen.

Problem is, I only know how to DM 4e, really.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Mon 31 May 2010 - 18:14

4e is fine Chris. I wouldnt stress to much about the system, as i said what ever you want to run will be fine. Just have a think about it and make your suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Mon 31 May 2010 - 18:18

Well, I still have more or less an entire 4E setting written up for a level 5-6 party. I had previously run linear premade modules, and had written this to try and expand the world somewhat, and all it's doing now is gathering dust.

JD played in the first few sessions of the game, and I wouldn't expect any huge background leaps and bounds, either. More just a standard sorta high-fantasy adventure to bridge the gap.
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Mon 31 May 2010 - 22:19

I could run a train on your mother like i did a week ago thursday.
That bitch gave it up hard.

but seriously... we had an idea kicking around back when i was playing with Mickey J, you know those stories you did in primary school where you wrote a little bit on a piece of paper then folded it over leaving a sentence or two for the next person to continue from. We could do that kinda thing, but with DMs.
So, one person DMs short module (1 - 2 sessions), then their character phases in and one of the players phases out and takes over DMing and takes the story in whatever direction they feel like from where it left off.
Just a thought though. Details would need some discussion.

But if Chris is keen, i'm good with that.
Back to top Go down
http://fatdicks.forumotion.com
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 8:18

Patty wrote:

but seriously... we had an idea kicking around back when i was playing with Mickey J, you know those stories you did in primary school where you wrote a little bit on a piece of paper then folded it over leaving a sentence or two for the next person to continue from. We could do that kinda thing, but with DMs.
So, one person DMs short module (1 - 2 sessions), then their character phases in and one of the players phases out and takes over DMing and takes the story in whatever direction they feel like from where it left off.
Just a thought though. Details would need some discussion.

While an interesting idea and one that has reportedly worked well for many people what we are looking for here is a suggestion for something you could run for the 4 sessions.

So have another crack Patty.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 17:40

I have a setting for werewolf the forsaken in mind. It will be a territory setting in the rocky mountains USA set roughly in the 80's. It would be a level one starting campaign though as I want you all to be noob werewolves. Not using changing breeds core book as I don't want other races for this setting.

2nd option: World of Darkness system with any changhing breeds races set in london at the end of the 19th century. This will be easy to run but harder to character create as I only have the PDF copy of that book. I do have the core books in print for both "Forsaken" and "WOD".
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 17:48

good work Shamus, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 21:30

well... DMing really isn't my thing BUT...

I do have an idea for something involving a small town, a plague and keep built in the middle of a blood filled lake.
most likely D&D, maybe 3ed lvl 8-ish, maybe 4ed lvl 12-ish.

(levels are so characters will be in paragon path / prestige class for some kind of flavor)
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 9:04

Sounds good Patty!

Excelent now all we need is something out of JD.

Dean feel free to add something if you wish as well.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 10:33

I'm thinking freeform....
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 11:08

Physicist wrote:
I'm thinking freeform....

Well played sir, drop the horrible idea and torpedo yourself out of the running.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 12:05

JD Pull finger out and insert light bulb.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 16:08

Shamus can you help me understand how I would be feeling after a comment like that? Would I know the way it was meant or would I just kill people in their sleep?

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 16:25

seriously tho JD if your going to back the free form rout can you at least give us a bit more info on setting ect?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 17:53

Patty wrote:
well... DMing really isn't my thing BUT...

Just a thought but, hasnt it been like 9 years since you last tried DMing a game?

You might find it more enjoyable now
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 21:57

Quote :
Just a thought but, hasnt it been like 9 years since you last tried DMing a game?

hasn't it been about 14 years since you watched leigh make out with a dude on the front of his car.

Think you'd get a parbo now?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 22:21

Patty wrote:
Quote :

hasn't it been about 14 years since you watched leigh make out with a dude on the front of his car.

Think you'd get a parbo now?

So you are saying DMing is on par with watching Leigh make out with a dude on his car bonnet?

Fuck that i quit DMing for ever then!!!!
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 8:48

For a more serious answer I am currently looking at G.U.R.P.S Traveler for system and setting. Something Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon like. Maybe even a twist towards more steampunk. Something INTERESTING is what I'm hoping to deduce from what I read and see what inspiration I can gain along the way. To be honest I have no idea where to start but I figured the rules would be the right place. I will discuss this with you further later as I need to come round for some Dutch-Ruddering.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 17:50

Physicist wrote:
Shamus can you help me understand how I would be feeling after a comment like that? Would I know the way it was meant or would I just kill people in their sleep?

I don't know how you would feel. But I can tell you how you should feel.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 17:56

Hornet wrote:
Physicist wrote:

Mildly confused and gassy?
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 21:42

Hornet wrote:
Physicist wrote:

And I thought I was mistaken
And I thought I heard you speak
Tell me how do I feel
Tell me now how should I feel
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 22:21

Jd wrote:

And I thought I was mistaken
And I thought I heard you speak
Tell me how do I feel
Tell me now how should I feel

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 8:57

Ok we have ideas in from everybody which is good.

If you want to make any alterations to you're idea or add/change to a new idea get it done by midnight tonight please becase first thing tomorrow i shall put up a poll on the forums so we can vote for the one we want to play!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the PLAN!   

Back to top Go down

This is the PLAN!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1