Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Kamlanie, the unravelling...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:27 am

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Kamlanie, level 14
Deva, Shaman, Spirit Tempest
Companion Spirit: Protector Spirit
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Spear)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Totem)
Background: Geography - Forest (+2 to Nature)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 18, Dex 14, Int 19, Wis 22, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 15, Dex 13, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 11.

AC: 26 Fort: 24 Reflex: 23 Will: 26
HP: 95 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +20, Arcana +16, Heal +18, Endurance +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +11, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +15, History +15, Insight +15, Intimidate +10, Perception +15, Religion +15, Stealth +11, Streetwise +10, Thievery +11, Athletics +11

FEATS
Level 1: Protector Spirit Adept
Level 2: Linguist (retrained to Quick Wild Shape at Level 11)
Level 4: Ritual Caster
Level 6: Initiate of the Old Faith
Level 8: Jack of All Trades
Level 10: Versatile Expertise
Level 11: Stalking Panther Form
Level 12: Vigorous Spirit
Level 14: Resilient Spirit

POWERS
Initiate of the Old Faith: Pounce (retrained to Savage Rend at Level 13)
Shaman at-will 1: Watcher's Strike
Shaman encounter 1: Thunder Bear's Warding
Shaman daily 1: Cleansing Wind of the North
Shaman utility 2: Spirits of Battle
Shaman encounter 3: Spring Renewal Strike
Shaman daily 5: Earthrage Spirit
Shaman utility 6: Sudden Restoration (retrained to Hearth Spirit at Level 10)
Shaman encounter 7: Call to the Howling Storm
Shaman daily 9: Spirit of Autumn's Reaping
Shaman utility 10: Spirit Summons
Shaman encounter 13: Drawing All Eyes (replaces Thunder Bear's Warding)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Mace, Autumn Harvest Totem +2, Eternal Chalk (heroic tier), Boots of Rapid Motion (heroic tier), Totemic Spear Spear +3, Healer's Brooch +2, Footpads, Trail Rations (10), Executioner's Bracers (heroic tier), Survivor's Belt (paragon tier), Mirrorsheen Coat Leather Armor +3, Vortex Stone (heroic tier), Mask of Slithering (paragon tier)
RITUALS
Create Campsite, Animal Friendship, Transfer Enchantment, Eye of Alarm, Phantom Steed, Bloom, Affect Normal Fire, Tree Stride, Snare, Ironwood, Lower Water, Beast Growth, Dowsing Rod, Portend Weather, Traveler's Camouflage, Animal Messenger, Endure Elements, Water Walk, Travelers' Feast, Cure Disease, Discern Lies, Raise Dead, Water Breathing, Gentle Repose
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

The awesome glory of the astral sea, then darkness. A hollow recollection of the hundreds of past lives. Am I all those people? Are they all a part of me? Darkness….

A soft bed of green grass beneath me, a warm sun above and a cool breeze gently caressing my face to consciousness. As my eyes open and the haze clears from my head I take in the vibrant life of my surroundings.

Lush green grass, flowers with a rainbow of colours and a quiet bubbling pool of clear water. As I rise uncertainly to my feet I can see a beautiful white stag with enormous antlers grazing on the soft green grass. Lifting its elegant head to match my gaze it shows no fear, no threat, only a quiet majesty as if to imply that this was his sanctuary and that I was welcome.

The stag moved with a slow grace to the pool of clear, bubbling water, stopping at its edge but eyes fixed on me as though inviting me to drink with him. Slowly I move, not so much from caution but instilled with the serenity of this place and stop at the opposite edge of the pool.

As the stag bends to take a drink, I kneel before the pool, cupping my hands to draw water. It is cold and crisp and as the water enters my body I am invigorated, mentally and physically. My breath is slow and chill. As I exhale I feel as though a great weight is lifted from my spirit.

The stag lifts his head and we match gazes. Suddenly the world falls away and I am confronted by a world out of focus. The stag is now a tall humanoid of non-corporeal form but still bearing its enormous antlers. I remain upright but my body lay before me.

He speaks to me but his lips do not move. It is as though the words appear in my mind speaking directly to my soul.”You must draw from what has been to understand what is to come.”

His continued words fill my spirit with a deep sense of the glory of life, nature and how all things are connected. I felt something stir deep inside my spirit, a primal awakening, an urge to seek the hidden truth inside myself and all living things. Maybe this truth will lead me to my Shangri-La and return me to the astral sea.

I wake for a second time, on the soft green grass by the bubbling pool. The stag is gone and only I remain.

Through many seasons I remained in that place, meditating in peaceful solitude and communing with spirits of nature. When I was hungry I would ask the spirits of the forest for food and I was gifted with fruit, berries and nuts. Occasionally animals would wander into the glade to drink from the pool. Drawing from the power of my primal awakening I learned I could commune with these creatures. Assuring them of my benevolent intentions they taught me of the world beyond.

Last edited by Physicist on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: ....continued...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:29 am

It was a cool autumn evening when the spirits of the glade whispered to me a warning. Animals of all the types were entering the peaceful glade in hope of shelter from some danger I had yet to perceive. I was compelled to investigate what could cause such a panic from the forest spirits and drive the animals here.

I felt trepidation as I left the sanctuary of the glade but also excitement as I wondered what splendor and truth the outside world held.

After what felt like only a short time wandering through the forest, the spirits fell quiet, no longer whispering caution on the wind. An uncomfortable silence echoed throughout the area but I wandered a little further, determined to learn the source of unrest. In a clearing between the trees I spied a doe, bound in rope and crudely fashioned vines that held it captive.

Little green men working as a pack scurried from place to place quickly encircling the bound doe attempting to position themselves with a crude rope net. Sensing the distress of the terrified doe I stepped into sight with empty hands, and greeted them aloud to catch their interest. My actions proved successful as the little green men immediately began gibbering in a strange tongue and lost all interest in the captured doe.

Spreading out to envelope me with their numbers and gibbering to their fellows what seemed commands, they easily threw their trappings upon me. Even without struggle they pulled harshly on the bindings they seemed to snigger and howl in delight.

In only moments they had bound me fast and pulled me to my knees. They closed in tying my hand and feet together and pushing me onto my back. A few greenskins deftly sought and uprooted a young tree which they then fed though my bindings. Another moment passed and the pack had lifted the fallen tree to their shoulders and strode off as I hung fastened tight.

After marching for the better part of a week, where they would make camp for only a few hours a day, the trees opened to a great marshland pocked with muddy pools, clumps of spinegrass and withered trees. While camped, I listened intently to the gibbering between my captors and they gave me water and meat, which I refused. Finally we reached a small hamlet as the sun climbed high in the sky. Drawing closer I could make out more of these little green skinned people.

The sentries observed our approached and signaled the others excitedly.

Crude dwellings of gathered branches, grass and mud circled a large dug pit in the centre of the settlement. One such dwelling stood apart from the others, adorned with trinkets of bones, leaves and feathers. I was shuffled awkwardly into a small cage next to this hut and I seem to draw stares of interest from passersby.

As the sun continued its slow retreat and the sky began to shine with hundreds of sparkling gems, the greenskins began to gather firewood to fill the pit. Through gaps in the branches and mud I spied another green man adorned with leaves, feathers and bones liken to the decorations on the hut. He seemed to be seated on the floor chanting in low steady tones which I could almost discern the mantra.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: ....continued...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Standing and leaving his hut he approached me in my cage and began to scrutinize me, muttering what seemed to be questions. The more he spoke the more I came to understand and as he fingered through his trinkets his eyes widened and my face softened from strained concentration to relaxed comprehension.

Cries of warning and panic sounded off to the far west of the hamlet. An alarm was raised which sent little green people darting in all directions, scrambling for weapons and implements. Looking to me captor I said their word for danger and his eyes narrowed. His eyes narrowed and he asked, “You know our tongue?” I nodded in response. “Why did you allow yourself to be captured?” he queried, to which I replied, “I was cautious to see why the forest spirits were afraid.”

“Forest spirits? Afraid?” he asked with interest. “We sent a hunting party to the forest to gather food. Something else must have been hunting, following your scent here and now attacks our homes!” A stern consternation showed upon his otherwise expressionless face as a green skinned runner delivered news.

Spitefully he exclaimed, “The cruel hunter Viletooth has tracked you here and now openly attacks us! If I release you from this cage you must lead him away!”

A silent moment passed, time enough for me to respond, “Or I could stay and help defend your people. If this Viletooth is defeated then your people will be safer than if I were to flee.” He seemed to think for a moment and I added, “I will remain afterward, if you require”.

A curious smile flashed upon his face and disappeared quickly. He leaned closer to open my cage then stepped back to give me room. As I awkwardly clambered out and stood upright to stretch, he motioned that I follow him to his hut. Stooping to enter, I smelled a multitude of burning powders and incense. As I stood hunched he deftly scooped a handful of powder and blew it into my face. I gasped in shock, inhaling much of the powder, and then began to cough. The powder stung in my eyes and burned in my chest and I felt my head explode into agonizing pain. Darkness.

Falling. Endlessly. I flail around for something to grasp, finding purchase on a small branch. I look to inspect my savior to and see the other end not sprouting from an out cropping but held by the solemn green man.

“Nature provides in many ways. It brings life to the lifeless, hope to the hopeless and an end to all things, completing the cycle.” He spoke softly as he let go of the branch and I glided to my feet. No ground lay beneath me, only unending darkness. The branch withered and changed in my hand, becoming smaller, growing foliage and pulsing with life. “I will arm you against the foe. I will teach you to draw from your own spirit and the indomitable power of nature.”

The pain in my head turned to invigorating energy coursing through my whole body. My senses faded and the darkness returned.

I lay awkwardly on the floor in the small hut as my head cleared, the totem still in my hand. Retrieving a satchel and spear from the corner he then helped me out of his dwelling. As we exited he remarked sternly, “Remember well my lesson and focus your spirit into the physical manifestation.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: ....continued...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 am

Searching deep within myself I recalled the vivid memory and conjured forth a spirit of primal essence, my spirit companion, a shapeless torrent of teeth, claws and fury. Together we rushed toward the west side of the hamlet to where the sounds of battle had erupted. We arrive to behold a spectacle of mayhem and carnage. The green skins were rushing to and fro, dragging dead and wounded while more rushed into the fray with anything resembling a weapon.

In the center of this chaos I spied the cause, Viletooth, an enormous crocodile so large that its massive jaws could swallow me whole. The defenders were throwing spears, stones and even cooking utensils at it but all seemed useless against its tough reptilian hide.

Sparing no time, I willed my spirit companion toward the giant as he in turn drew bead on me and wheeled to pounce. His massive jaws missed, snapping closed with a loud, wet, smack at the air I only moments ago occupied as I threw myself to safety and rolled to my feet. Focusing my primal essence through my spirit companion, the teeth and claws struck hard against his flank rending the scaly armor asunder.

Seeing Viletooth recoil from this wound the defenders rallied with renewed vigor to assault the injured beast. Twisting in pain to face the threat, he swung his huge tail knocking little men everywhere. Focusing the again through my spirit companion the claws and teeth strike a deep gouge in Viletooth’s snout. Enraged he retaliated, snapping his powerful jaws and consuming my spirit companion whole.

Immediately my connection was severed and I felt my spirit diminish, as if I had been dealt a great blow. I retreated from the beast, maneuvering to give him a wider birth when I spied my mentor sneaking around to flank Viletooth and conjure his own spirit companion, a great bear.

Kiting the monstrous crocodile, I once more conjured my spirit companion close to the beast to distract him from the impending attack. As the spirit bear swung hard against the beast I willed my spirit to lash out too, flanking the monster. Panicked and wounded from the two fronted assault, the beast pounced upon the nearest little green warrior, catching it off guard and swallowing it whole.

Reaching deep down to the pit of my being, to the source of my primal essence, I grasped for power, power to avenge the fallen and to bring an end to this madness. I felt it well inside me like a storm about to break and gripping tightly upon the pulsing totem, I focused hard to strike the horrid beast. A thunderous cacophony erupted and I could see Viletooth, wracked in pain and weakened as the green skinned defenders, protected by the spirits themselves, mustered for their final assault.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: ....continued...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 am

Seizing this opportunity my mentor called forth the spirits of battle, bolstering his people and filling them with renewed vigor and hope. Like a swarm they surrounded the flailing beast, hurling spears, swinging their weapons and a few brave enough even jumping onto Viletooth to drive their strikes deep into his body.

Viletooth roared defiantly and began to thrash violently, attempting to clear the green skins from around and upon him. He turned northward, attempting to flee this savage onslaught and made it as far as the wall before his many grievous wounds stole the last of his life and he slump dead on the bloodied ground.

Giving weary cheers of victory the green skins began to dance triumphantly around the broken body of the fallen beast. I watched as my mentor calmly ushered towards the wounded rather than join the celebration and began to tend their injuries. I ran to him, shivering and exhilarated, exclaiming my joy and jubilation for the awesome accomplishment that was our victory.

Looking up at me from the injured green skin that lay broken before him he looked to me and said solemnly, “This victory, while great, has come with a steep cost. Nature’s balance will be preserved as always and many have given their lives this day. Tonight we celebrate our glorious dead and feast upon our enemy.”

My stomach turned at the thought of eating the flesh of another creature but as I did not wish to show disrespect for their customs I remained silent.

After hours of tending the injured, collecting the dead and cleaning their bodies, the preparations for the evening were made. I had never seen so much blood and it was caked on my hands. I cleaned myself as best I could but I still sensed the stain on my hands and the smell stuck in my nostrils.

The revelry that evening was high spirited even with the loss of many comrades. The green skins danced and sang in triumph, eating the flesh of their fallen enemy in a ritual that my mentor explained would consume it's mana and strengthen their spirits for more battles to come.

He looked into my eyes as if reading my very soul before saying, "You have made a strong connection to the spirits and found allies in their wisdom. The spirit you summoned in battle was a fierce, primal entity and you showed no fear whilst communing with it. But not all the spirits you will learn to summon will be the same.

Last edited by Physicist on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: ....continued...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 am

More to come.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Kamlanie, the unravelling...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:25 am

500xp for getting shit up.

No doubt more when i get a chance to read it.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Kamlanie, the unravelling...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah reads well too, have an additional 300xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kamlanie, the unravelling...   

Back to top Go down

Kamlanie, the unravelling...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Social Gaming Scene :: Archives :: Old shit-
Jump to: