Share | 

Game starting - post interest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Game starting - post interest.   Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Ok as some of you may already know I am planing to run a Deadlands game using the classic rule set.

This game will start in August after I return from OS.

What I am looking for now is signs of interest from anybody who might want to play and all so speculative character concepts.

I will put up some of my basic ideas for the game so you guys have something to work with.

- The game will be set around one central location like a town or a city. So you wont be roaming the states and most sessions will start and finish in the same place.
- I intend to avoid overbearing continuous story lines. This is not to say there wont be plot just that the game will hopefully not revolve around it quite so much as my previous games.
- I think the game will be set in California.
- The game will be Sandboxish.
- I am hoping that due to some of the above points I will be able to have a few more players involved then usual but not have every player at every session. (I have not made my mind up on this.)

Ok few basic things for you to work with, any comments are appreciated especially voicing things you would like to see in the game.

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Sun May 29, 2011 5:01 pm

hell yes. always down for deadlands!

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon May 30, 2011 1:35 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

its hard to find decent dealands pics

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:42 pm

MAP!:

Last edited by Matt on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abominable Walrus

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon May 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I have not played it, havn't heard of it, but the pics look cool so count me in.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon May 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Clem wrote:
Hey Matt, it's Clem. Very interested in playing some Deadlands. It'll probably be contingent on Tim playing too though, as I don't have a car and you live far away. Couple of questions, which version of the rules do you play under?I know you said classic, but wikipedia tells me there are two editions. If you know any sites where I can grab the PDF that would be great.

Had a couple of other things i wanted to ask too about how often you guys normally play etc but that sort of thing can probably wait.

We are playing 1st ed generally refered to as "Classic", not the new edition known as reloded or the version that WILL NEVER BE SPOKEN OF!

the d20 version

I have pdfs for most of the books that i will get to anybody who wants them, clem i will try to get some to Tim so you can grab them off him.

I will be trying to run a game every two weeks if possible.

Any more questions feel free to ask away!

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 am

Definately in.

Thinking of running a maze rat character based loosely on Ted Hamilton's portayal of the pirate king.
Back to top Go down
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:10 pm

all about this, but i don't know the rules.

how many of you have read steven kings dark tower series out of curiosity
Back to top Go down
JimmyDoolin

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:17 pm

It was a couple of years ago that I read the rulebook (your copy, Matt - sorry it took so long to get back to you), so I don't really remember the classes etc, but I've got a couple character ideas, not sure how'd they fit in to your campaign

- A lawyer from New York or somewhere in the East. He grew up as a farmboy with a good aim, but gave up country living for the promise of riches in the big city. Now he spends tedious days drawing up deeds and settling minor disputes. That is, until he's obliged to travel to California on business, maybe seeking out the heirs to a an old will he's got or something. I imagine he'll be forced to remember to his old skills in the West...Probably be an older guy with a strong sense of justice.

- A journalist who can't decide if he wants to be up the front so he can get all the action down in his notepad or up the back so he doesn't get hurt. A guy who is always ducking out of harms way (but isn't afraid to shoot it in the back once he is).

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 am

ow yeah i had forgoten you had read some of the Rules Clem, all so you could probably make both of the characters work.

And YoYo i own a couple of the books but im not a big SK fan.

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:12 am

Small info update just to keep you all interested.

The game will be set at the northern tip of the Maze in California not to far from the Oregon border.

The game will be full FFA/PvP: This doesn’t mean you will be mindlessly killing each other from the word go it just implies that I as the GM/Marshal won’t attempt to stop any negative actions players take towards each other. It all so means that I do not require the players to work as a group towards shared goals if they do not wish too.

Basically it means that the choices you make as a player will yours and yours only.

There will be a border to the game: Basically this means the game will be set in a certain area and I will respectfully ask the players not to stray outside of it

Any players that want an arcane background of any type will be require to have a character history that explains why they have it. For example if you want to play a huckster you will have to have a history detailing where they learnt there skills and so on. The character history will be required before the character can be played.

I will be giving bonuses for good character histories.

I will be giving bonuses to any player who keeps a journal.Ok that’s all for now, any questions let me know.

Last edited by Matt on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 am

Ok I will be back in town by this time next week and i am keen to get this cranking so if you are keen on playing let me know!

So far i have 5 interested people (Ryan, Shamus, Michale, Clem & YoYo) - So if you are interested in playing please post it up.

I all so only have character concept ideas from two people (Shamus and Clem) - so start thinking about them and get them up. If you really have no idea about the game google is your friend or talk to JD.

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:59 am

More Game Info!!!

Spoiler:

JimmyDoolin

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm

How was the trip? Still interested, working on my history, trying to get Tim along, too...Next two weekends are booked up for me, but free anytime after that. Quick question, it is still going to be a sandbox style? Just because I definitely won't be able to make every game if you're planning on every fortnight - things start getting a little hairy for me around exam time...
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah sandbox style,

Im hopeing to have a group of players with not the same ones every week, and all so that you will be able to "play" via the forums some what when you arn't in sessions.

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:11 am

Ok i want to start doing charcater generation, i am thinking about having a dedicated night on the 12th of Aug so let me know if your keen.

I am all so happy to do some chr gen prior to that so get in touch with me to set somthing up if you wish.

Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am

Sign me up! I still recall all the fun we had in the past with this game and everyone wants to be a cowboy! (or girl, Matt). Razz

Still in two minds about which direction to go with a character.

A Ned Kelly themed mad scientist, Greenhorn New Yorker or the Outlaw Josey Wales are what I have in mind right now. I might even roll it all together. Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter stylie! Razz

Hornet wrote:
Ignore as I am a retard

Hornet wrote:
I'm literally gagging for one.

Hornet wrote:
Shamus of the prolapsed anus perhaps

OMNIS QVI CORVSCAT EST OR
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

JD I'm liking the Ned Kelly mad scientist Idea. I'm imagining the dude at the start of lethal weapon 4.

Matt I am in Philip island on the 12th but have the Wednesday and Thursday of that week. Can we catch up before hand and put a character together?

Dean are you going to play this campaigne? You would love it.

As for my character ideas I am still leaning heavily towards a pirate style character. Either the Ted Hamilton pirate king style or the Chinese kung-fu style Maze Rat.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 am

Interested, yoyo will probably be keen too.

In regards to PvP combat, how will Stealth work? In a largely combat against other people game nothing makes OOC angst faster than "lol killed you in your sleep".
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 am

Chris wrote:
In regards to PvP combat, how will Stealth work? In a largely combat against other people game nothing makes OOC angst faster than "lol killed you in your sleep".

Hi Chris,

Good to see you signed up.

With regards to the above I don’t intend to alter the way stealth works in any way at this point in time.

With regards to mindless player vs player killing tho I do have some points to make. :

Ok if anybody has any more questions regarding this or anything else please let me know.

angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 pm

well said. i am hoping i do not have to create many characters and am able to continue with my goals as i build my character through the world you have created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game starting - post interest.   

Back to top Go down

Game starting - post interest.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1