Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All Deadlands players please read!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

All Deadlands players please read!!!! Empty
PostSubject: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyTue 9 Aug 2011 - 19:13

This section of the forums is dedicated to information relating to player characters (PC's) and non player characters (NPC's) involved in the Deadlands game “Pocket jacks and a suicide king”

All players in the Deadlands game MUST do the following;

Create a NEW thread in this section of the forums with their characters Name as the title.
The first post of the topic must include -
Characters name or Alias that they are most commonly referred too by.
Name of the player.
A description of the character.
A portrait of the character. (full body or just head either is fine as is more then one)

You are more then welcome to add in additional info to the above but it is not mandatory.

Some suggestions for additional info:
Some or all of your characters history.
Story's of your characters exploits.
Characters stats.
Characters gear of holdings.

All characters should have the mandatory info filled before the start of their third session played.

Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask in this thread.

Last edited by Matt on Fri 29 May 2015 - 11:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timboza
timboza

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyFri 12 Aug 2011 - 10:36

is this the for the game that Clem and I are going to be playing?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyFri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:59

Yeah it is,

Here is an example of how it works from deans current DnD game.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 8:44

Ok im officially ending this game as most of the players are no longer in the country.

Thanks all for playing, all tho it wasn't a massive success we had some good sessions and some fun times.

As a bonus i figured i will chuck the session log i was keeping here for any one to read.

Last edited by Matt on Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 8:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 8:50

Hi and welcome to my log for a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands"]Deadlands – Weird West[/URL]
game I will be Marshalling.

The set up

Spoiler:

Saint George you say?!....

Spoiler:

It’s all about who you know and whether they want you dead or not…

Spoiler:

Oww so that’s how it’s going to be is it?!? (Marshal Notes)

Spoiler:

Ok well that’s enough text for now, we are doing a character gen session this Friday and im all so going to try and sneak in some mini games to help the guys learn the rules before we get into it whole hog.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 8:56

“You look like a man with skills... and I can always find use for a man like that.”
- Mr E.B.Clay

Ok a character gen session down and what do I have to show for it?

Spoiler:

So the pointy end goes in the other fella?!

Spoiler:

Ok the guys have 2 weeks before the first session to sort out their characters so I will give you more info as it comes.

Any questions or comments... as always, post em up!

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 8:58

Quick update just to keep you interested. A few players have started locking in their characters ahead of the first session next Saturday.

Spoiler:

If i get any more character info i will post it up, otherwise the first session is next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 8:59

Ok first session is tomorrow night but I figured I might give you a little bit more just as a taste before the first session write up.

Sooooooooooo I got a bit more character info for you.

The lady with a mission.

Spoiler:

A man who talks to God..

Spoiler:

Anyway first session write up next week.:smallbiggrin:
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:00

Session 1 – When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin'
“Old Jessie caught some lead a month or two back, can't seem to shake the name but...”
-Jessie two

and who else ya got?

Spoiler:

It all started with a Bang!

Spoiler:

Don't ever let no gun slinger tell ya that a slug ain't hurt!

Spoiler:

The best laid plans...

Spoiler:

When the smoke clears all that’s left for a man to do is to pick up his guts and get on with it...

Spoiler:

What ever happened to a heroes welcome?!

Spoiler:

A sorrow best served drowned.

Spoiler:

A man has to earn his keep

Spoiler:

Marshals notes:

Spoiler:

Ok well that is enough for now, let me know what you think and I am sorry if it is to much text. The next session will be in two weeks but I will keep you in the know about any activity out of game or any new characters that get made.

Thanks for reading.:smallsmile:
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:01

Howdy all I have a little between sessions action for you just to tide you over till next session. My players have been informed that the last session finished on the in game date of April the 7th 1876 and the next session will begin on the 14th of the same month so the players have a week to make use of.

So what’s been happening in Saint George?

Spoiler:

Idle hands…

Spoiler:

Well people, that’s all for now. We have a session this weekend so there will be more stuff up for you soon.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:03

ahh quick small vent.

Player D has changed his character again, this time to a Pinkerton agent searching for the rogue agent that betrayed his perants (who were also both agents.)

Thank god he is playing this Saturday so he will be stuck with the character untill it dies. This is the 4th character concept with history he has given me in the last month.

/rant

Ok sorry guys, figured this was as good a place as any to have a small vent. Next session is this weekend, will post up notes asap.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:04

Owww and i forgot one other thing during my rant.

Player J has all so put together his new character, after the rather rapid demise of Jebadiah the mad scientist he has decided to make a huckster this time around;

Jack Dawkins is 13 y/o orphaned street child whose father was a drunken card cheat who used Jack to help him win at the tables. Jacks father was killed after being caught pressing his luck during a game of cards after which Jack gathered up all his and his fathers worldly possessions and headed to Saint George with vengeance on his mind.

Marshals notes: The character has no offensive abilities in anyway, but he has some usefull tricks and talents that could lead him into very interesting situations if he survives long enough.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:07

Ok the second session has been played but due to some RL action it ended up being short and sweet. I am just trying to get my notes organised before I post them up but to tie you over here is some bonus bits!.

It is often hard to distinguish between the hard knocks in life and those of opportunity.

Spoiler:

Less judgment than wit is more sail than ballast

Spoiler:

Here is a bit of extra game action that took place on our forums, a little meeting between three of the PC’s and a member of Red Petal Su’s Pirates. I have edited it a bit to make it forum friendly but I still worry that since it’s been written to the period style that it might be slightly offensive. If it is please let me know and I will take it down

Hello Jonah

Spoiler:

Anyway i will have the session notes up in the next day or two, once again thanks for readin.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:14

I implore you to forgive my tardiness in getting this update up but I have been struggling to get my notes in order from last sessions and I actually had to sit down and listen to the recordings of the session to remind myself of a few details. I worry that this session might be a bit tldr due to the lack of combat and 4 new characters just feeling out the setting but I will throw it all up anyway.

So lets get on with this!

Session 2 - Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.

"Hell son... trouble seems ta find you like flies to a horse's ass!"
- Sheriff Hicks

Show em’

Spoiler:

New guns in town

Spoiler:

Make yourself at home

Spoiler:

An honest days work?

Spoiler:

The devil is and always has been a gentleman.

Spoiler:

Eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow we die.

Spoiler:

So, rather than appear foolish afterward, I renounce seeming clever now.

Spoiler:

The storm brakes

Spoiler:

Now comes the mystery

Spoiler:

When all else fails…

Spoiler:

Old feuds die hard …

Spoiler:

Marshals Notes:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:15

So if you are here is a quick update before the coming session this weekend;

The next sessions starts on the in-game date of 18th of April 1876 so the PC’s had two days to play with.

What’s going on in Saint George?

Spoiler:

Ok that’s It for now, next session’s notes will be up next week. Thanks again
for reading!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:20

time for the next instalment.
This session didn’t really play as well as I hoped it would, mainly due to the cold I can't seem to shrug that has turned my brains into molasses but I hate to miss a session so we played anyway.

Session 3 - The Flop

“Well butter my crumpets a Scotsman!”
-Red Art

How many men ya' got?

Spoiler:

Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.

Spoiler:

Men about town

Spoiler:

Up and down more times then a Saloon girls drawers!

Spoiler:

A good feedin' will put both man and horse in a better mood

Spoiler:

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer.

Spoiler:

Ok that was about half of the session (it went for 8hrs) and its late so I will post the rest later.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:23

Ok with out any more delay Session 3 part 2!

Now where did I leave off...

Spoiler:

Quick feet, Quick thinking!

Spoiler:

A little battle field diplomacy

Spoiler:

The late gunman

Spoiler:

Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid.

Spoiler:

The only substitute for good manners is quick reflexes.

Spoiler:

Well that’s about where the session ended, its late and I want to get this posted up so I will put in my notes tomorrow. This probably needs editing so i am sorry for any spelling mistakes i will fix them tomorrow.

As always thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:24

Session 3 Marshals notes:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:28

Ok so i gave the players another ingame week between sessions and i figured you lot might be interested to hear whats going on.

What's been happening in Saint George

Spoiler:

As an extra bonus some more back story on Red Art and the return of some old ship mates.

Marshals Note: This is a bit of a co-told story done on the forums between Arts player and I so hopefully it makes sense.

Spoiler:

Until next time!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:29

Session 4 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.

"Mr Pennybottem I advise you if you end up in this establishment you may want to diminish your olfactory senses in any way possible... I suggest a peg."
- Mr J. Doolin

Take a seat boy …

Spoiler:

First the plan

Spoiler:

Then the problem

Spoiler:

The snowball named stupidity.

Spoiler:

Impending doom now with increased momentum.

Spoiler:

What was that old sayin’ about no plan survivin’ contact with the enemy?

Spoiler:

Keep on ‘em men we got them runnin’ now!

Spoiler:

Ahhh dang’ it all to heck!

Spoiler:

A day of battle is a day of harvest for the devil.

Spoiler:

Marshals Notes:

Spoiler:

Anyway that will do for now but I will have more up for you soon.

As always thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments please don’t hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:34

Sorry playgrounder I have been a little quiet these last couple weeks.

Just warning you there is unfortunately no session this past weekend due to RL commitments and there might not be a session for a further two weeks!!

On the upside we are trying to get some stuff happening on the forums so I have something to give you.

One man show!

Spoiler:

So they ain’t all bad.

Spoiler:

Deals with Devils.

Spoiler:

Shadow meetings and ominous omens!

Spoiler:

We finished up there and both seemed please with what had been achieved.

I will throw up a post regarding the out of session antics going on at the moment soon.

Until then thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:35

That is as far as i ever got with the log.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Deadlands players please read!!!!   All Deadlands players please read!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

All Deadlands players please read!!!!
Page 1 of 1