Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Poll 2
Option 11: WoD Vikings and Vampire
19%
 19% [ 3 ]
Option 12: DnD Warcraft
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Option 13: C'thulu CSI Wtf
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Option 14: Discworld
19%
 19% [ 3 ]
Option 15: Shadowrun
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Option 16: 80's DnD
19%
 19% [ 3 ]
Option 17: Spaghetti Eastern
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Option 18: 4th Wall
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Option 19: Shots
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Abominable Walrus

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 am

Physicist wrote:
Suggestion

System: D&D any edition

Setting: Grey Hawk

Concept: Kobold survivors of an adventurer raid seek revenge!

I like this one alot but how about...

System: Shadowrun

Setting: Shadowrun

Concept: Shadowrun

I played the old one years ago and really liked the concept but our campaine ended before it really got started.
Apparently Matt you have the new one and I would be keen to give it a crack.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Suggestion

System: D&D 3/3.5

Setting: Warcraft (we have this somewhere)

Concept: Pre-co characters with short back stories re-enacting the legendary history of Warcraft.
I.E - Ner'zhul, Gul'dan and Thrall or the dicks from the Alliance.

Suggestion

System: C'thulu / Paranoia

Setting: 18th - 20th Century

Concept: CSI WTF

Suggestion

System: G.U.R.P.S

Setting: Discworld

Concept: Quest to actually achieve something and still be alive at the end. Fraught with mystery, intrigue and lots of 'rat-on-a-stick'.

Hornet wrote:
Ignore as I am a retard

Hornet wrote:
I'm literally gagging for one.

Hornet wrote:
Shamus of the prolapsed anus perhaps

OMNIS QVI CORVSCAT EST OR
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Patty
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:45 pm

"Suggestion A":

"Suggestion 2":

"Suggestion D":

"Suggestion 3":

+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Patty wrote:

"Suggestion D":

"Suggestion 3":

Yes to both of these... maybe they could be combined somehow Wink

Oh and Discworld, that was a lot of fun last time

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Abominable Walrus wrote:

I like this one alot but how about...

System: Shadowrun

Setting: Shadowrun

Concept: Shadowrun

I played the old one years ago and really liked the concept but our campaine ended before it really got started.
Apparently Matt you have the new one and I would be keen to give it a crack.

Love Shadowrun, always keen to run it but i can't ever seem to find enough keen players.

Physicist wrote:
Suggestion

Concept: Pre-co characters with short back stories re-enacting the legendary history of Warcraft.

Interesting, very caverns of time but are you sure you want to play a game where the key points of the outcome are already set in stone?

Physicist wrote:
Suggestion

System: C'thulu / Paranoia

Setting: 18th - 20th Century

Concept: CSI WTF

Love it, tho i don't think it would work in paranoia.

Physicist wrote:
Suggestion

System: G.U.R.P.S

Setting: Discworld

Concept: Quest to actually achieve something and still be alive at the end. Fraught with mystery, intrigue and lots of 'rat-on-a-stick'.

I would be willing to give this one a crack, unfortunately with games like this everyone keeps trying to be funny.

Patty wrote:
"Suggestion A":

Hehe was expecting this one.

Patty wrote:
"Suggestion 2":

Love it, we have talked about it a few times over the years.

Patty wrote:
"Suggestion D":

Keen for this, this could quite easily be overlaid on your first suggestion.

Patty wrote:
"Suggestion 3":

Good concept and the setting could start there but eventually end up at "on the floor".

Ok guys some awesome suggestions and its good to see your all taking to this. Keep your suggestions coming and all so remember that what is run will be decided by vote so if you are keener on one idea rather then another then expand on it, try and sell it to the others.

angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 pm

ok i have an idea i would love to see played again.

fung shui (basically rolling dice for odds on being an awesome chuck norris or jackie chan or any action star. make up your moves and you its easier to be creative. eg. matrix fly kick off a wall.)

one of many points of time can be used in this. it revolves around sights of power that take players to another realm and other times.

lets say you are having tea in a nice café and thugs come in and rough up the place. you all jump in cos your bad arse mo foes. and get cought up in finding out whats going on with this gang. many twists and turns ensue and you end up in the 16 hundreds. this shit writes itself.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Ok guys so these are the ideas so far;

Spoiler:

Any more or should i start the poll now?

Last edited by Matt on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 am

I had two variations on the reverse dungeon crawl, one with party vs dm, the other with two parties against each other.

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:33 am

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
I had two variations on the reverse dungeon crawl, one with party vs dm, the other with two parties against each other.

Yeah but the party vs the party idea doesn't really involve me at all apart from organizing session times.

I will throw it up tho, as it is players choice.

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 am

Matt wrote:
HappyNoodleBoy wrote:

Yeah but the party vs the party idea doesn't really involve me at all apart from organizing session times.

I will throw it up tho, as it is players choice.

Thats not entirely true, it involves you administering the power level of the raiding party, and points for expanding the dungeon of the evil wizards party, but i do get your point, there is alot less for you to do, particularly on the night in the party vs party version.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:12 am

Just had a thought matty, leave the reverse dungeon crawl up as one option, then choose which variant is played based on how many people join in, if only say 3 people sign up you cant really do party vs party, but if 10 people sign up, you might find it easier to do party vs party???

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 am

It may be an idea to put 2 polls up and have one as a second choice.

Because as awesome as some options are, i fear for the longevity of the game.

I doubt we could keep a solid two year shots campaign going.

Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:56 am

Patty wrote:
It may be an idea to put 2 polls up and have one as a second choice.

Because as awesome as some options are, i fear for the longevity of the game.

Not unless shamus knows away to bump us up the transplant list.

And i can just allow multiple voting.

angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:28 am

oh here is another idea.
have a game where the dm or a random player makes up a set of character sheets and the players dont know who they get till they get to the session. any setting will do.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 am

Patty wrote:

Sounds like a wager to me!

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 pm

angry_dan wrote:
oh here is another idea.
have a game where the dm or a random player makes up a set of character sheets and the players dont know who they get till they get to the session. any setting will do.

That's not so much an idea, its just pre gen characters. We do it a lot for systems that people aren't so familiar with, it can make things faster in the long run.

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:55 am

so when ya gonna put the poll up?

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 am

ehh, when i can be fucked running something again. Maybe after xmas.

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm

I guess i should put the poll up for this sooner or later, only problem is the maximum options you can have in a poll is 10.

I probably wont start anything for a couple of months tho.

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 am

UPDATE

I guess i better start this poll so i can figure out whats happening and get started on some prep work.

This is how its going to work;

I have to split the poll in half because i can only have a maximum of 10 poll options at a time, so the first poll will have options 1 through 10 and the second poll will have the rest. I will run each poll for two weeks and i will keep a record of the out comes in the initial post. You can vote for as many options as you like but the option with the most votes will win in the end. If there is a tie i will cross that bridge when i get to it.

Any questions post them up.

The first poll will run from today till the 6th of feb.

Lansirlot
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 am

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
Suggestion

System: WOD

Setting: 14th century

Concept: Viking settlers from Scandinavia make landfall in northern Ireland or Scotland, only to find themselves in the middle of a battlefield between vampires and werewolves.

Anything with Vikings makes me happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 am

that one will come up as an option in the second round of the poll, you can vote for as many options as you like tho.

Lansirlot
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 am

I know it's a little late to add to the suggestion box, but something Gaz and I always talked about trying was a D&D party made up entirely of Wizards/Sorcerers. The game would focus more on intrigue than combat, such as unravelling spells, investigating mysteries, maybe even some politics thrown in. The main thrust is, as a party of magic users, we are a specialized band called together for special purpose, ostensibly working for our employers (it could be a Cabal or even the Harpers) but growing in power personally too. Any spellcasting class can play - even Bards.
Back to top Go down
Lansirlot
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 am

Physicist wrote:
Suggestion

I love how the Alliance are universally recognized as dicks. Wink

Much as I sniff wowcrack, I agree with Matt - we don't want to play out something we know the punchline to. The Caverns of Time idea is nice, but very finite. However, I would be interested in tabletop dungeons and raids. I am aware Blizzard has put out card games based on dungeon crawls - Shadowfang Keep, etc - so maybe look into that.

I'm not certain the D&D system would fit Warcraft very well, either. Different feels entirely.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 am

Lansirlot wrote:
I know it's a little late to add to the suggestion box, but something Gaz and I always talked about trying was a D&D party made up entirely of Wizards/Sorcerers. The game would focus more on intrigue than combat, such as unravelling spells, investigating mysteries, maybe even some politics thrown in. The main thrust is, as a party of magic users, we are a specialized band called together for special purpose, ostensibly working for our employers (it could be a Cabal or even the Harpers) but growing in power personally too. Any spellcasting class can play - even Bards.

Puts me in mind of Ars Magica

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!   

Back to top Go down

PLAYERS CHOICE! What will Matt run next!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next