Ship 5
50%
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Once the current mighty empires campaign has finished I plan on starting a new Roleplaying campaign. I have mentioned before on these forums about my interest in running a game set in the Mass Effect universe. As I have previously stated this will not be a retelling of the story line for the game, nor will it be "a ragtag group of adventurers following in the main characters footsteps". This will just be a story set in that universe.

What I am looking for right now is expressions of interest from people who would be keen to play in this campaign. Bear in mind this game will not be starting until after the current mighty empires campaign ends. I will answer any questions anybody has to answer here, also I will provide information about the campaign here.

The campaign will be following the crew of a small mercenary ship, operating out in the attican traverse. The crew belongs to a mercenary compnay known as the yellow sands. They were founded by the heads of the blue suns mercenaries in the traverse, and essentially turned their arm of the blue suns into their own mercenary company.
The campaign will take place 2 years before the events in the first mass effect game, when the blue suns are trying to establish a presence in the traverse again.
The party must contend with rival mercenary companies, especially the blue suns who have declared war on the yellow sands. They must also contend with batarian pirates and slavers who operate out of the traverse, plus the occasional geth floating out of the Terminus systems.

I will add more information later, any questions please ask them here.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Galaxy Map

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:11 pm

sounds interesting, ME3 will probably run at least another 4 to 6 months tho.

I am interested

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 am

4-6 more months eh? hrmm, well I am not going to wait that long :p

amended time frame: I will probably start this in the new year, I know this is a busy time of year for everyone, so I will aim for january.

also glad to hear at least one person is interested matt Very Happy The main point of this thread for me, is to give out info to everyone, and see how many people are interested, hopefully enough to make it worthwhile running it.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:37 am

The Yellow Sands are run, and were founded by three Turians: Ruso; Sagran; and Ari Kryik. These three brothers were the head of the blue suns mercenary company operating in the Caelston Rift, Nubian Expanse, and Shadow Sea clusters. Eventually they decided that they had, had enough of turning over 40% of their profits to their blue suns superiors and formed their own mercenary company. This was a slow process, as filtered through their own network were blue suns loyalists, who needed to be identified and eliminated. Slowly over two years these agents were weeded out, and the Yellow Sands were born.

In the past year the Yellow Sands have been growing in power and reputation in the three clusters they started in, it is only a matter of time before they seek to expand. When the Yellow Sands formed the Blood Pack and Eclipse mercenary gangs paid them no heed, but as the Sands have been growing, the other mercenary companies have started to take notice, as more and more the Sands encroach on their jobs.

Blue Suns forces from Omega have started moving into Caelston Rift and Shadow Sea, however instead of taking on mercenary work, their only goal seems to be the destruction of the Yellow Sands. Sands mercenaries have been ambushed several times in the last 2 months, however the battles haven't all gone the way teh Blue Suns planned, and many Blue Suns mercenaries have been killed. The Suns have a far more men at their disposal however, and teh Yellow Sands need to find some way to tip the balance in their favour.

Batarian Pirates and Slavers have also started to become more active in the last couple of months, particuarly in the Nubian Expanse and shadow sea. The Yellow Sands have been the target of many batarian operations due in no small part to the large number of human mercenaries recruited by the Sands.

Just one month ago a Yellow Sands smuggling operation in Caelston Rift was ambushed by Blue Suns mercenaries, however when reinforcements arrived both Yellow Sands and Blue Suns were dead in large numbers. It is rumored they were taken out by Geth raiding out of The Phoenix Massing, but as yet no proof of this exists.

You are the crew of a small vessel owned by the Yellow Sands, your captain, a human named Milos Harman has been working for the Turian brothers for many years, and is considered a very important member of the Yellow Sands, that you have been assigned to his ship is prestigious honour. This is your first mission with Captain Harman, you had better not disappoint.

Last edited by HappyNoodleBoy on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 am

I do not want a large group for this campaign, I will capping teh party at only 3 or 4 members. Also each party member will have particular job aboard the ship, and as such must contain the appropriate skills for this task. Some examples: Pilot, Engineer, Gunner. This does not mean that your character cannot do other things, only that this particular task must be able to be competently performed by your character. To ensure this either I will pregen characters, or will work with you to build your character together. It does not bother me which way this happens, so instead I will leave this decision up to the players.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 am

The campaign will be starting in the cluster known as Caleston Rift.

In the Aysur system.

The colonised moon called Arvuna, orbiting the gas giant Dranen.
What exactly the job is you are not sure, all captain Harman has said is that he seeks to make contact with an information broker.

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:46 am

Have you decided on a system yet?

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 pm

I have an unofficial Mass Effect Roleplaying rulebook that is a bastardisation if the Star Wars D6 system, by West End Games.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:43 pm

If anyone is interested in having a look at the mass effect rules here is a link to where they can be downloaded from
mass effect tabletop

I also have pdf's for every star wars d6 rule book printed (the system this mass effect rpg is based on) and can make available to anyone, any book they are interested in.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 pm

I am however open to suggestions for the system, if somebody can point me to a system they think will work better for mass effect, then i promise to at least take a look at it, the advantage to this system is of course, that half the work is already done, most the converting has already been done, and what has not been converted should prove easy enough to convert due to the similarities.
Please do not hesitate to make any suggestions though.

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 am

The mass effect rulebook lists the playable races as: Asari, Salarian, Turian, Human, Quarian, Krogan, Elcor, Hanar, Volus, Batarian, and Geth.
However, due to the nature of the campaign some of these races will not be allowed, for starters Geth, due to the events of mass effect 2 not having taken place yet, the galaxy is not yet aware of the different geth factions, and have only seen the "bad" geth so far, thus no geth will be allowed.
Batarians will not be allowed due to the story, Batarians and Humans are strongly opposed to each other, and due to the yellow sands being a human heavy mercenary group, batarians do not join them.
Volus are allowed, but I strongly advise against it, just due to the type of people the Volus are, and teh work type of work being undertaken by the crew.
Hanar will not be allowed, if you have any familiarity with the games, I need not explain this.
Elcor will be allowed, but again strongly advised against, due to the same reasons as the Volus.
Krogan will not be allowed, this is because it is incredibly rare to find a krogan mercenary who is not a member of the blood pack.
Quarian, Human, Turian, Salarian, and Asari are all fine.

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:53 am

ow man i wanted to play a krogan engineer

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:20 pm

lol, that would be an interesting combination i must confess :p

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 pm

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
lol, that would be an interesting combination i must confess :p

"Wow this long range communicator you threw together is perfect Graux! good work"

"BAH it is pathetic, barely suitable for task!"

"What do you mean? it picked up the sec 6 relay tower almost instantaneously and the sound quality is crystal clear?!"

"Look at it! USELESS!! ... it would take little more then the secondary blast from a nearby incendiary grenade to incapacitate it! A true Krogan masterpiece would continue to function after a direct hit from an orbital strike!"

"..."

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:31 am

ROFL

while I must admit you seem to have the concept down pat, im still vetoing krogan as a playable race, unless you can justify to me why this particular krogan joined an offshoot of the blue suns, instead of the blood pack Razz

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:00 am

I can think of a few reasons.

1.) The local blood pack is very heavily influenced by i rival clan. Therefor to commit myself to their cause would also be to set myself against my clan.

2.) I hate Vorcha.

3.) "The Blood pack is a stagnant pool, I could build them perfect weapons only for them to be used as clubs! If i am to be the best then i must be tested like all true Krogan! Repairing transports and replacing warped barrels for fledgling Krogan to go and loose or damage again and again due to their own inadequacies is a Job for weaklings! My clan requires a strength that can only be born of true challenge, a challenge that the Blood Pack will likely never provide. Will i find it with these Yellow Sands? that remains to be seen... Their numbers are few but their enemies are many and i can smell the bloodshed coming like the storms of the home-world."

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 am

number three is actually a very good justification Razz

However I would like to point out that if I allow a krogan engineer, this does not in turn open the door for an all krogan party, in fact i would only be allowing 1, matty you get first dibs, as you were first in.

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 am

Winner!

HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:23 pm

I have stolen the deck plans from a star wars roleplay space ship, and turned it into the ship the party will be serving on.
The ship, in mass effect roleplay terms, is a KcV 1100 Light Courier.

Exterior:

Interior:

+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:36 pm

I am still aiming for a january start for this campaign, probably in the second week, so I am hoping that there are some people out there who are interested in playing, and not just put there hands up yet.
If you have never played mass effect, this is not going to stop you enjoying this game, just look at it as a sci fi game, space ships and aliens and whatnot.
JD I know you have expressed an interest to me in person, if you are still keen could you please post a message in here.
Ideally I would like just 1 or 2 more people to join in, and it will be first come first served, so please, get your messages in.
Once I have a full party, preferably sooner rather than later, I will start organising a time for us to get together, and create characters, unless you guys would rather I pre-gen them.

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 am

wow that ship is tiny, and considering the size of a mass effect core there is no room to get past it from the airlock

And on that note why would the mass effect core be between the ships entry and everything else, its a dangerous and delicate bit of kit. That would be like having a free standing electrical sub station in the middle of a hotel lobby.

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 pm

I agree with Matty there. I've used the scale pilot to work out available floor spacing. It does seem a touch crowded in there.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Uhmm matty, the label says "STAIRS TO..." the mass effect core isnt in that little square, its on the next level down, and the mass effect core, and engine room, will take up the entire lower level.

And yes the ship is small, I believe in the original post i said you were serving on a small ship, plus the crew will be just the players, so it has to be small enough to crewed by only 3 or 4 people.

Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:53 am

that's all well and good on the mass effect drive front then, even tho there is no where to show how you get from the airlock entry down there.

But the cargo bay is smaller then a shipping container.

Also if i play a Krogan there wont be enough room for me to lie down in the crew quarters.

All so there will have to be a separate airlock for engineering because you wouldn't be able to get any large items down these "stairs you claim are there".

Honestly it looks like you have taken a short distance cruiser/shuttle and are trying to pretend that its something bigger and better then what it is.

I mean the Normandy was meant to be a small and sleek cruiser with Mass effect capabilities. This thing is less the a 10th of the size of her?

Are you sure you want her to even be capable of inter system travel?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay set in the mass effect universe   

Back to top Go down

Roleplay set in the mass effect universe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next