HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 am

So winter is different to the other rounds

it goes as follows

WINTER ROUND SEQUENCE
1. Winter Events. Roll on the Winter Events chart to determine any unexpected events within your empire.
2. Taxation. Players may raise revenue by taxing the tiles in their empire.
3. Winter Magic. Winter spells may be cast.

EVENTS
Gaz - 6, (no lost income)
Dave - 7
matt - 4 (no loss)
dean - 4 (no loss)
JD - 7
Anna - 3
Danny - 3
Ryan - 6 (no lost income)

WINTER EVENTS - 2D6 Result
2. Dragonrage. From the heart of the mountains at the centre of the world, great dragons come raging forth to raze the land and strike terror to all who lie in their path (see the rules for Dragonrage below).
3. Famine. Widespread famine makes it impossible for your empire to raise taxes effectively this year. Halve the taxation you collect this winter.
4. Rebellion. An underling rebels against your rule. Randomly select a castle or city in your empire other than your capital — it joins the nearest opposing empire (decide randomly if two or more empires are equally close to the tile).
5. Peasant Revolt. Peasants refuse to pay your entirely reasonable taxes. Ungrateful scum — have you not protected them from the authoritarian rule of your enemies!?!! You generate no tax from farmland tiles or cities this winter.
6. Raids. Roll a D6 for each tile lying adjacent to an enemy held tile. On a roll of 1-3, you receive no taxes from the tile this winter.
7. Nothing. see bold text
8. Increased Revenue. Your merchants and traders have been very successful this year. The tax revenue from all of this activity adds 50 gold pieces to the royal coffers for every city in your empire.
9. Plentiful Harvest. The fine weather and hard work of your farmers has resulted in a bountiful harvest. Receive 10 gold pieces for every tile in your empire.
10. Special Tribute. Your minions selflessly levy an additional tax to pay for statues of you to be erected in every city in the empire, in gratitude for your just and enlightened rule. Collect an additional 2D6 x 10 gold pieces. What you do with this windfall is up to you!
11. Arcane might. Immediately cast an equinox spell for no cost.
12. Dragonrage. From the heart of the mountains at the centre of the world, great dragons come raging forth to raze the land and strike terror to all who lie in their path (see the rules for Dragonrage below).

Please note, Round 4 (spring) will be starting on Decmeber 5th

Last edited by gaz on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 am

WINTER TAXATION
Gaz 100-35 upkeep + previous gold =169
Dave 40-10 upkeep + previous gold =130
matt 350-35 upkeep + previous gold =465
dean 110-25 upkeep + previous gold =148
JD 250-25 upkeep + previous gold =179
Anna 65-20 upkeep + previous gold =115
Danny 460-10 upkeep + previous gold =240
Ryan 150-25 upkeep + previous gold =172

The money that they raise is added to the player's treasury and can be used along with the revenue raised during the campaign season to pay for additional troops. Each tile in a player's empire has a taxation value, as shown below. Simply roll the appropriate number of six-sided dice, multiply the score by 10 (or 5 in the case of a marsh, tundra, or desert), and add the resulting revenue to your treasury.

TAX TABLE
Tile Type Taxation Value
Mountain Zero
Marsh 1D6 x 5 Gold Pieces
Desert 1D6 x 5 Gold Pieces
Plains 1D6 x 10 Gold Pieces
Forest 1D6 x 10 Gold Pieces
Farmland 2D6 x 10 Gold Pieces
River 2D6 x 10 Gold Pieces
City +1D6 x 10 Gold Pieces

Empire upkeep - Each player must pay 5 gold per tile in their empire. In addition to this they must pay 5 gold for each Castle, City or Mine they own.

Last edited by gaz on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 am

So people now have cash cash cash and they can spend it on casting a winter spell.

Peoples Gold
Gaz 169
Dave 130
matt 465
dean 149
JD 179
Anna 115
Danny 240
Ryan 172

AVAILABLE SPELLS
Gaz 3 Abundance
Dave 6 Blight Crops
matt 9 Trail of howling doom
dean 7 Blight Crops
JD 8 Deluge
Anna 9 Trail of howling doom
Danny 7 Blight Crops
Ryan 5 Blight Crops

WINTER MAGIC
Determine which spell is available to each player by rolling on the winter spell table. players can then choose to cast that spell and declare any target. casting a spell costs 100 gold. Once all player have done so, GM rolls all 2D6 for each spell. If the result is equal to or greater than the number of tiles from one of that player’s city to the target, then the spell takes full effect; otherwise it fails and has no effect. the GM then resolves any spell effects.

Winter Spells
2. Failure. The spell fails to work.
3-4. Abundance. This spell has no target tile. every tile in the players empire blossoms with life throughout the year. The player doubles the taxation generated this winter (modifiers for famine or blighted crops, etc. still apply).
5-6. Blight Crops. This spell is cast on a tile in an enemy empire but affects the empire as a whole. Crops shrivel and fail, reducing the yield of the entire harvest. That player looses gold equal to half the taxes generated this winter.
7. Quake. The city or castle in the target tile are devastated by an earthquake leaving the settlement devastated. Remove the city or castle from the target tile on a roll of 2+.
8. Deluge. This spell must be directed against a river tile, causing the river to swell, forming a tidal wave of destruction. Any marker in the tile is destroyed on a roll of 3+. Any marker lying downstream(away from mountains) of the tile is destroyed on a roll of 5+.
9. Trail of Howling Doom. This spell unleashes a trail of magical wind and storms beginning in the target tile. Any marker in the tile is destroyed on a roll of 4+. The spell then moves one tile in a randomly determined direction and affects it in the same way. The spell will keep on moving randomly until a 1 is rolled on the dice when rolling to see if a marker is destroyed.
10. Transform Gold. This spell must be cast upon an opponent's city or mine. Up to D6 x 100 gold pieces in the opponent's treasury are transmuted from gold into worthless lead!
11-12. Tornado of Peril. This spell creates a whirling tornado of magical energy that devastates the tile, destroying any marker in the target tile and remove any players flag.

Back to top Go down
I ate all your bees!

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I'll cast my spell targeting E6 to start with.

Gaz told me to write "Cop that Matt, you dickhead!"
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 pm

i shall not be casting a winter spell, would rather save my moneys Wink

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 pm

I think I shall also save my gold for other things
Back to top Go down
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 am

Anna's spell resolution

So the tornado went right over the map, but only destroyed 1 tile feature. Matty's city.
Back to top Go down
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 am

bump
Back to top Go down
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:59 pm

JD is casting Deluge on tile D6.
3+ to destroy mattys flag
gaz carried out 1 launched of one D6 (Image not informed.) :

it then goes down stream away from the mountains to D7, 5+ to destroy my flag

and finally E7, 5+ to destroy matty's mine and flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-   

Back to top Go down

Round 3 (Winter) -EVENTS, TAX and WINTER SPELLS-