King Blackwell's Decree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: King Blackwell's Decree   Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 am

Here ye! Here ye!

By decree of King Brutus Blackwell, glorious and noble ruler of Iron Ridge, saviour of the people and benevolent beacon of justice. A call is put forth to any and all able bodied citizens who can bare arms, to come forth in Iron Ridge's time of need and lend aid in her defence.
On the morrow, a battle will be fought upon the brittle plane, against the villainous and scum sucking bastard, Bold Stoneheart. He has amassed a band of cut throats and brigands and is marching them towards the walls of Blackwell Castle! If Bold Stoneheart is not stoped it will mean an end to everything the people of Iron Ridge hold dear! None will be safe!
Any individuals who distinguish themselves by showing true valour in the service of Iron Ridge and her King, shall be rewarded with land, title and a place in his majesty, King Brutus Blackwell’s court!

This decree has been cried in every market, inn and meeting place for 20 miles around Moose Head Keep, or Blackwell Castle as the new “King” has taken to calling it. While this “battle” is little more then a scuffle between feuding Warlords, brothers no less, the winner will likely become a person of power in this tiny corner of the world.

Complete with Brutus Blackwell’s seal, the decree is a very attractive prospect for many individuals of ability in the region. The opportunity to gain land and title, even in such a small region such as this is not something to be scoffed at. After all, Iron Ridge is one of the richest mining regions in Faraway. If Brutus can secure it, well...

…and how tough can this Bold Stoneheart be?

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 am

On the morning after the battle of Brittle Plane you are all summoned to King Blackwell’s throne room.

“Greetings comrades! Yesterday we awoke as strangers, yet today we rise as brothers in arms! I promised all who came to my aid and distinguished themselves a seat in my court and you four have defiantly earned it! With out your heroic efforts I doubt the battle would have ended as well as it did. Bold is defeated, gone into hiding no doubt, Rivering now knows that Blackwell is a force to be reckoned with and my army has two new Alot’s!
There will be a celebration in the coming days but from this moment forward I hereby dub you Dukes of the Iron Region and gift you with the houses in which you stayed last night.”

King Brutus pauses, glancing briefly at the Keeper and Captain Donk, he holds the Captains eye for a second until Donk nods ever so slightly. With a small sigh the King continues on.
“But that is not enough of a reward for a Duke of the Iron Region, so in addition to that I will gift you each with five thousand gold coins from my personal treasury and two holdings to seed your estates.”

Goblets of wine are offered to all of you by servants and the King takes his and raises it in toast. “A Toast to the new Dukes of the Iron Region, may their service to her be long and glorious!” Emptying his cup in a single quaff, the King sets it back down and stands to leave. “The Keeper and Captain Donk will now formalise the details with you, I shall see you on the morrow.” His eyes scan the room slowly, making contact with each of you in turn. “Never let it be said that King Brutus is not generous to those who serve him well!”

After the King has departed the Keeper shows you into one of the smaller side chambers where Donk is waiting with some paper work.
“Don’t let our illustrious leader worry you; he is always this way on the morning after a battle, or any other morning where the pervious night included copious amounts of wine.” He gives you a sly smile before offering you each his hand. “Congratulation is in order, welcome to the Kingdom, I guess we will be seeing entirely too much of each other. The Keeper here has some documents that will need your seal… that’s if you have a seal?” after an inquiring glance he scratches his chin and continues on, “I guess you will each need to establish your own seals and heraldry, set down your family name, things like that. I mean what’s the point of a noble house with out the pomp! If you have any questions regarding that the Keeper should hopefully be able to fill you in. As to the holdings Bru…. his majesty mentioned, we will prepare a listing for you to peruse in the afternoon. Keep in mind however that you will only be able to choose two of the holdings each, I will leave you lot to decide how the choosing is done, you can let the Keeper know and he will finalise the paper work this evening. The holdings and their attached serfs will become your responsibility, as will the collecting of the Kings tax.” After taking a sip from his wine he chuckles and continues on, “When it comes down too it, you lot have a parcel of new responsibilities to deal with now, but the Keeper and me can go through that with you after the calibrations. Well I have some errands to run for his royal hungoveredness, Moose, I shall leave them with you.” He gives the Keeper a pat on the shoulder before hoisting his heavy frame from the chair and leaving the room. The Keeper follows his exit with a cold stare before shifting it back to you. “Shall we proceed sires?”

angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:27 am

"May we first look at the Plots and surfs we will be receiving?" I will bow my head apolitically. "If its not too much trouble? I like to get the feel for the land before I feel comfortable signing anything." I bow again. "It's a habit of mine. Please forgive me if its too much trouble."

"Anyone else interested in joining us?" I regard everyone else as I move towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 am

"You may do as you please sire," the Keeper responds, "but until his majesty has approved the list i shall not know which holdings are available to you. Also some of the outer holdings are more then two days on a swift horse from here."

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am

Later in the afternoon the Keeper returns and places a list on the table in front of you all. He nods slowly and then turns to exit, "I shall return for your choices in the morning sires."

The list of holdings:

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 pm

As the king leaves I stand up and make a toast.

"To the king. May he never regret his great decision this day. For I am the Iron Duke, General Melchid Rock Biter, and I am a great ally to have."

I slam my goblet down after losing part of it's contents in my mustache, slap Lovely on the back and set myself down.

"Now gentlemen, I believe we should adjurn for now and reconvene when we have this list of holdings. We should decide together how fairly they can be allocated. Then I will take what I want anyway and piss on your graves. HAHAHAHA I jest. Lovely would you be so kind as to review this for me and tell me our best course of action?"

Matty please don't use that orange again? It is very hard to read.
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

I will head back to my house for tonight and commune with The lady of the hunt.
"Dear lady, I have brought you a plentiful bounty from the days hunt.
Your gifts to me continue to help me hunt my prey and bring you larger bounties.
I will continue to hunt in your name and bring you honer to gain more of your favour."

I will leave the hearts of the kills I made in the cave and head out into the wilderness to hunt.

When morning eventually rolls around i will head back to my estate and go over the list of holdings again.
I write notes down on the possible places I had been through in my hunting missions, the possible wildlife you may encounter in the areas around the holdings, and the safest and easiest paths to take from each holding.

I will write my name next to the Redwood Hunting Reserve and The Lowland farms. Then take the mornings catch to the markets to sell.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 am

OOC:

Hornet wrote:
Lovely would you be so kind as to review this for me and tell me our best course of action?"

"Well General, i guess the Fleet Rock stables look nice and errr... you have always been partial to drinking establishments so maybe the Inn, sir?!?"

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 am

Matt wrote:
"Well General, i guess the Fleet Rock stables look nice and errr... you have always been partial to drinking establishments so maybe the Inn, sir?!?"

"Yes Lovely that sounds like a good plan. We can expand on the Inn and get larger mounts for the livery stables. I feel however we should get our hands on one of these pigmy infested mines. Sorry what was that? Oh goblins? Well nevertheless I think if they are willing to work for us, we could get some good production out of them. I am known to be quite motivating when I have to be. Anyway if they prove to be belligerent I can just eat 1 or 2, that should get the fear into them."

OOC:

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:13 am

Hornet wrote:
"Yes Lovely that sounds like a good plan. We can expand on the Inn and get larger mounts for the livery stables. I feel however we should get our hands on one of these pigmy infested mines. Sorry what was that? Oh goblins? Well nevertheless I think if they are willing to work for us, we could get some good production out of them. I am known to be quite motivating when I have to be. Anyway if they prove to be belligerent I can just eat 1 or 2, that should get the fear into them."

"Very good sir, but as a side note I feel I should remind you that Goblins do have a regularly tendency to eat each other if the mood strikes them. Remember that unit of goblins we had with us for a time during the Crustwitch campaign? As i recall their unit took more "casualties" during the two day bivouac at Jade tree point then it did in all the other battles of that season combined."

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 am

"Right then gentlemen. How are we going to settle this? If you are willing to work with me and follow me as general I feel we can work together and manage these holdings together. my Lovely will manage most of the paper work but I feel together we can form some sort of upper echelon to this Blackwell's army. What say you?"

OOC:

Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Hornet quote:

"I didn't realise there was anything to settle, to be honest. Until yesterday none of us had even heard of you and now you want to appoint yourself another title on top of the one bestowed by King Blackwell?"
"Your proposition of a co-operative no doubt shows merit in principle but the reality that you are truly assuming far too much given the length of our acquaintance and considering our equal standing. I really wonder, what motivates you to conspire with new found lords to form a secret enclave during the founding of a new kingdom?"
"I say you're one to be watched, which shouldn't be hard with the size of you and your constant barking and guff. I'm sure you'll keep us appraised of your what-doings and what-have-yous regardless."

Hornet wrote:
Ignore as I am a retard

Hornet wrote:
I'm literally gagging for one.

Hornet wrote:
Shamus of the prolapsed anus perhaps

OMNIS QVI CORVSCAT EST OR
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:40 pm

In the morning I will rise early to catch the Keeper as soon as possible to discuss the estate and holdings optioned by King Blackwell.

"I would like to be first to stake claim to the Furnace and the Mouth in the name of Iron Duke Aizen Steelbloom of Blackwell."

"I wish to view more detailed information on each of these holdings, as detailed as a post-war new beginnings can be of course, if that is permissible?"

EDIT: This is a private conversation with the Keeper!

Hornet wrote:
Ignore as I am a retard

Hornet wrote:
I'm literally gagging for one.

Hornet wrote:
Shamus of the prolapsed anus perhaps

OMNIS QVI CORVSCAT EST OR

Last edited by Physicist on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to highlight a point)
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:29 pm

"Lovely what is an enclave? I'm sorry what? And why would I want a secret one? Oh I see. Secret enclave I suggested nothing of the sort by young boy. I merely stated that with our new found Ducal standing it would make sense and be pertinent in a time of war for us to form the regency in this Kings armed service. Hence the upper echelon. I do not know about many things my child but nobility and rank, well that is something my thicky head has been well versed on. If you do not think you can do that under this appointment then why did you fight for this King? And for why did you accept this title. You understand what that means during war times yes? As Duke I am not expecting you to follow me as your superior though if a force needs leading I am your giant. Right where do we stand?"

quietly to Major Lovely

"Lovely this boy is quite opinionated, who let a child in here? Oh a Dwarf? Oh that explain it".

Last edited by Hornet on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 pm

OOC:

Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 am

The Keeper makes note of the holding selections made by Duke Arcamenel and Duke Steelbloom.

Although he can hear Duke Rock Biter conversing with his underling in the adjacent chamber, he patiently awaits the Dukes final decision. A quick scan of the hall shows Duke Wrightman is still yet to arrive.

"Have the details regarding the selected holdings brought up for the Dukes at their request."
The attending scribe quickly finishes filling and ink well before rushing off to perform his masters biding.

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 am

General Rock Biter sends Lovely in as envoy to claim the Goblin mine, the inn and the stables.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 am

Hornet wrote:
General Rock Biter sends Lovely in as envoy to claim the Goblin mine, the inn and the stables.

"Sir, i appear to have incorrectly remembered the list you just gave me. Because the list as i remember it contains the names of three holdings, but the King specified that you may choose two. I realize that a mathematical genius such as yourself, sir, would never have made such an error so it must be my lolly gaggled brain that is at fault. I humbly request that you re-issue your commands sir, so that i may carry them out to your complete satisfaction... sir!"

Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 am

Matt wrote:
"Sir, i appear to have incorrectly remembered the list you just gave me. Because the list as i remember it contains the names of three holdings, but the King specified that you may choose two. I realize that a mathematical genius such as yourself, sir, would never have made such an error so it must be my lolly gaggled brain that is at fault. I humbly request that you re-issue your commands sir, so that i may carry them out to your complete satisfaction... sir!"

"Lovely did you tell this man we request 3 holdings? (Belts Major Lovely on the back of the head) Sorry about that Keeper. He expresses my keenness for business. I assure you although expressing interest in all three I would not have been that presumptuous. (completely dropping Jonathan Lovely in it but probably not fooling anyone) Yes well upon review I will settle on the Goblin Mine and the Inn. If at any time you realise there is a holding unclaimed then I may assist by taking it of course, but only to be helpful and surely not for my own gain."
Back to top Go down
Deanskiz
Loves the cock
Loves the cock

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

"Hay all Lord Rightman here..........
I hear by clam the holding of the Blue stone quarry and the Snowy heights winery...... So please do your self a favour form me cutting your face off, keep your dirty fucking hands off them!...... Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Blackwell's Decree   

Back to top Go down

King Blackwell's Decree
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1