Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

vampire the requiem

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

vampire the requiem Empty
PostSubject: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 2:27

My situation has changed again. Saturday nights are no longer as bad for me as they were.  So I thought I would try again with running something. After the overwhelming response i got last time I am doubtful, but I have had an idea for a vampire game kicking around in my head for a while now, and I would like to give it a go.

It will be a mini campaign, not sure how many sessions, depends on the players.

So once a month, on a Saturday night. (I'll make sure not to clash with doormats campaign).

Is anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 9:16

there are so many good WoD settings and you have to pick the boring one!
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 14:29

The story idea i have requires the players to be vampires
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 15:19

There are only 7 stories in the world Ryan and they have all been told many times without vampires.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 16:45

LMAO Matty. True but I do like the WoD Vampires lore. I may be keen but are you going to give Matt's a go?
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 17:42

A game where the players are actually the vampires? Cool !!

Anything more to go on?

To get me interested?

A hint? A tease?

A crumb?

Anything?

[rant]
I just wish to point out a small 'thing' I can see at this stage.

There are only a couple of people in our group that don't have to stay home to attend 'things' like family etc and with the ones who do they are generally only allowed 2 weekends away from 'family/home' a month. This schedule is currently facilitating the new ACKS - Power and Gavin (Prequel) game run by Matt.

I think by now you see the dilemma for people not like myself (mostly unburdened).

And thus the small 'thing' that I wanted to point out to you as a back of the mind 'thing', moving forward.
[/rant]

Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 18:14

Hornet wrote:
LMAO Matty. True but I do like the WoD Vampires lore. I may be keen but are you going to give Matt's a go?

ehh i need a bit more then; "WoD Vampire"  to go on
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 1:05

More information, as requested.

I am looking only for 3 or 4 players. I had initially thought 3 but I can make 4 work.

The year is 1832, and you died five years ago. Since then things have become a whole lot more complicated. You belong to a coterie started by your sire, although you have not seen him in several weeks. Instead you spend most of your nights with two other neonates your age. Their sires started this coterie with yours. While this does not mean they can be trusted completely, they are more trustworthy than others of the kindred. Besides they are good company, and the three of you get along pretty well. All in all, while being a vampire is a lot more complicated than being a human, unlife is pretty good. Until one fateful night, it starts like any other, but a trip to a vampire pub will thrust you and your compatriots into the terrifying world of kindred politics. With missing sires, a sadistic sheriff hounding you, a pompous prince commanding you, the beginnings of the carthian movement, and a serial diablerest roaming the streets, your every move could be your last.

Starting in 19th century London, the story will also take you too 20th century new Orleans, and culminate in 21st century Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 12:32

No interest? Nothing at all?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 13:02

ehhh...

still not sure.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 14:31

ok so thats a maybe for matty.

JD, shamus?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 16:05

Get it ready. I mean ready ready. Come up with a date schedule. I will do session 1 and see how it goes. I, as JD stated, have a lot on my plate and cannot get every Saturday out. But Matty is often doing session every 3 weeks and therefore a slot here and there should be ok.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 14:20

alrighty, will do shamus. i just have a little more research to do on the time periods i want to incorporate, just for some historical accuracy. i also need to do some character creation, for npc's and your characters. The main reason i am doing pregen characters is so that come first session, we just jump in and start playing. I will make player characters last though, so if anyone has any requests i will endeavor to incorporate them.

So in short give me a couple of days, and i will have everything ready to go. I will then look to start within a couple of weeks from then, but i will work it around your availability.

Still need more players though. I have a tentative yes from shamus, and a still not sure from matt. JD how about you?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 14:25

I will give you a yes for at least the first session.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 17:40

glad to hear it matty Smile
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 18:24

Go on.....
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 18:03

Political Environment in London in 1832:

Prince:
London is ruled by "Prince Pierre"
A Ventrue of the Lancea Sanctum.  He and his right hand (now sheriff) arrived thirty years ago out of nowhere, and rested control from the incumbent Invictus prince.  After many deals, and a short battle, power was transferred with little disruption to the nightly  routine.

Seneschal:
Baxter is a Nosferatu.  He was the seneschal for the previous prince, but a deal made with pierre, he helped bring down his prior master in exchange for a position in Pierre's court.

Herald:
Mieke, a Daeva, she was previously a relative unknown, but raised to a position of prominence on Pierre's ascension.  No one knows why.

Primogen:
The prince takes advise on occasion from a small primogen, these are also Regents and will be detailed below.

Priscus:
The local prisci are not officially recognised by Pierre.  Unofficially Baxter is the head of the Nosferatu, Pierre himself is the head of the Ventrue, Mieke head of the Daeva, the Regent Alice head of the Mekhet, and the Sheriff Boris head of the Gangrel.

Sheriff:
Boris, a Russian Gangrel, came to London with Pierre.  He is the princes muscle. A sadistic, and cruel vampire, torture is said to be a specialty of his.

Regents:
Upon seizing power Pierre divided London into districts, and appointed control to various powers he had made deals with.
Palace District:  This is in the east of London, and is Pierre's own district.
South River District: This is the area of London south of the Thames.  This was awarded to a Gangrel named Elijah, punishments for wrong-doings are harsh here.
Docks District: This is the west area of London, and was awarded to a Mekhet named Alice, she is often thought to be Pierre's spymaster.
Central District: Immediately west and adjacent to the palace district, was awarded to a Ventrue by the name of Marcus, the Carthians seem to be infiltrating this region heavily.
Hospital District: Located between the Central district, and the Docks district. Officially this district is not controlled by and one vampire, but in reality Pierre controls it, and deals with law breaking here harshly.

Last edited by HappyNoodleBoy on Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 5:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 18:19

vampire the requiem London10
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 20:14

And then....
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 15:35

Hey guys. I apologize for the lack of an update, but I have had a lot of school work to do the last couple of weeks, and unfortunately that takes precedence. I am back to getting things prepared, and will have more info before the weekend, and a suggested starting date posted sometime over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 12:59

Life in London in the 1830's:

19th century London was a period of growth for london, it went from a population of 1 million in 1800 to nearly 7 million by 1900.
London became the largest city in the world, and an economic capital, not just of the British empire, but all europe.
Unfortunately the city was not equipped to deal with such expansion, and while the city could claim to be wealthy, a majority of
its citizens were poor and malnourished.
The first railway would not open until 1836, and as such horses, and carriages were still the only modes of transport for getting
around the city.
The first sewers were not built until after "the great stink" of 1858, at the current point raw sewerage is just dumped straight into the thames.
In 1829 the home secretary established the first metropolitan police force. Nicknamed, bobbies, or peelers (after robert peel).
So while there is currently a police force in london, it is still relatively new. The numbers of both bobbies, and police stations is not
yet at the desired point, and as a rule the populace are still distrustful.
In short this was a hard time for many people, with poverty and unsanitary conditions rampant in the slums, which are only getting bigger and bigger.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 14:06

Player Characters:

Connor: Born in Scotland in 1802, and immigrated to London in 1822. Upon arrival work was impossible to find, Connor starving and desperate turned to
crime, and became a highwayman. He eked out an existence on the outskirts of london, often sleeping in the open, but this of course honed his survival
skills. In 1827 he held up a lone traveller on horseback late one night, the stranger refused to give over any money, and the two fought a duel. As
Connor lay dying, the stranger whispered that he was impressed with him, and asked Connor if he would like to live forever. Connor readily agreed, and
thus was embraced. The stranger was a Gangrel by name of Felix, and Connor spent the next 5 years with felix, staying in his haven, and learning all
about what it means to be a kindred, but not just that Felix also trained Connor further in swordplay, and the use of pistols. Felix also introduced Connor
to several other vampires, his coterie, and of course to the Prince, as is required of all neonates. Felix disapearred two weeks ago, at first Connor was
unconcerned, as it was not uncommon for Felix to disapear for a few days now and then, but as time goes on, Connor becomes more and more concerned.

Michael: Born in London in 1811 to a whore, and a random client of hers, Michael never knew his father, and grew up in London's slums. In 1826 Michael's
mother was killed, beaten to death by a drunken sailor, from that point on Michael swore vengence, and vowed to kill the man who murdered his mother.
Unfortunately the sailor left the next day, and did not return to London for several years. In the mean time Michael lived in the slums, stealing what food he
could. After three years, in 1829 the metropolitan police force was created, and Michael seeing a way out of the slums immediately enlisted. There he was
trained in how to fight with his hands, and a billy club, and also in investigation. Using the street smarts he already had from growing up in the slums, he was
placed on a beat there, and over the next year excelled. In 1830 he discovered that his mothers murderer had returned, and hunted him down. One night while
on patrol he cornered the man in an alley, as he negotiated with a prostitute. He scared her off, and then proceeded to beat the man to death. Once the
bloodlust had abated he realised he was being watched. He turned to see a very beautiful well dressed woman standing behind him. Immediately he was overcome
with a desire to please her, and obey her in any way. She told him that his talent was being wasted, that she could see it put to better use, that he could be
with her forever. Michael quickly agreed, eager to do anything for her, and thus he was embraced. She was a ventrue by name of katerina, and over the next
three years Michael stayed with her, and her other childe, learning about being one of the kindred. Katerina of course also introduced him to her coterie, Felix, and
Connor. Katerina disappeared the same night as Felix

Erik: Born in 1800 in London to a fairly wealthy merchant. Erik was the youngest of four sons, and as such was often overlooked. Instead erik spent a lot of his
childhood with an uncle, a doctor, and actually learned a great deal from him. In 1815 at age fifteen erik was sent off to the army by his father, and barely out
of basic training erik was shipped off to the napoleonic wars. Erik was involved in both the Battle of Quatre Bras, and the Battle of Waterloo, where the english were
ultimately victorious. After the war ended erik's knowledge of medicine was discovered, and he was sent to a garrison not far from waterloo to study under an army
doctor. After studying and working as an army doctor for three years, in 1818 erik returned to London as was honorably discharged from service. Upon returning
to London erik discovered that his fathers shop and warehouse had been destroyed in a fire, killing his father and brothers. Erik then went to stay and work with his
uncle, further honing his skills as a surgeon. In 1821 Erik married, only to watch her die of a wasting disease a year later. Over the next five years erik dedicated
himself to his work, trying to save as many sick people as he could. In 1827 Erik, while attending a soiree hosted by a wealthy man whos son he had saved, met a
beautiful woman by name of Katerina. He instantly fell in love, and had an overwhelming desire to do anything for her. Later that night in the gardens, while they
were alone she told him that she had need of men such as he, and offered a way for them to be together forever, erik readily agreed, and was embraced then and
there. Over the next three years erik stayed with Katerina in her haven, learning what it was to be one of the kindred, until she brought Michael home one night.
Erik then began to aid Katerina in teaching Michael. Katerina of course also introduced Erik to her coterie, which with the addition of Michael now numbered five.

In the two weeks since Katerina and Felix disappeared the three of you have discussed your sires, and your histories with each other, and have come to one
conclusion. Your sires were creating soldiers. What for you do not know, but you are confident that is what was meant for you.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 1:54

Ok guys. I am completely ready to go. Therefore i propose a starting date of 7th of september.

If anyone has a problem with that, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 9:22

that will be date for my next session so i will be unavailable.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 18:12

Well I promised to work around your campaign, so how about the 14th or 21st?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vampire the requiem   vampire the requiem Empty

Back to top Go down

vampire the requiem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next