Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.

Go down 
+3
Hornet
Tom
Matt
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 17:35

Yeah nobody is required to attend all games or even the majority. They only thing that will happen if you don't show up for a few weeks is i will convert your chips into bounty points for you.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2011 - 8:23

Hornet wrote:
I contemplate his words briefly and stare through him as I think out loud.

"Hmm Bull always lead with fear more than any real skill. A man whose only followers are loyal through fear will quickly lose said loyalty when doubt begins to rise. Stackhouse is fierce but from the start I could sense his doubt in Bull. I am not surprised that ugly little Plague Matty is dead. When I saw he didn't surface in the fight I knew then it was only a matter of time. I give him credit though he didn't kill you, though he did wipe out so much of the crew it's a wonder he had enough men to sail to port at all."

I sit him down and order over 2 shots. When the barmaid doesn't come a smile forms on my face.

"Actually it has been so long since I has seen old Ugly Pete I can't wait for him to finish. Let's you and me go pay him a visit".

I put my arm around Davies' shoulder and stand him up. "Lead the way my stub footed friend the three of us need to have a little chat".

You find Ugly Pete in a small and sparsely decorated room out the back of Salty Bills Saloon, he has the barmaid strewn across a small and filthy looking cot and he is hunched over her rutting away like a possessed Corgi. At the sound of the door opening he unleashes a torrent of profanity that is only achievable by a true sailor as seasoned as he but once he finally glances to see who has entered he chokes on his words mid sentence. He stands gaping like a stunned mullet for a moment before his words finally return to him and in utter disbelief he says, “Capan’?!?”
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2011 - 9:20

Ok next update on what’s going on in town;

It’s hard not to notice that Saint George is getting more and more crowded as the days go on, it seems every time you glance outside the #1 another wagon load of fortune hunters have rolled into town. There is a waiting list on renting a room at the #1 and the tent city in low town continues to expand to the point where little space is left. A rather sleep deprived looking Mayor Hanlan invites Mr Doolin to his office on the 22nd to proposition him.

“Mr Doolin, I find myself in a wee predicament and I was wondering if ye’ would be interested in hiring your services to the town while you are staying in the area. You see I want this town ta’ have a good sense of law and order but for that I need a condemned man to get a fair trial and nay just a lynch mob. The goal is full Mr Doolin and that young Turner lad and his friend are looking ta’ hang for the ambush they set up last week, I have no doubt in their guilt but things need to be handled properly. What I am asking Mr Doolin is would ya be willing to sit as Judge for their trials?”

As another note: This week sees the return to town of infamous gunfighter and bounty hunter Buck Woods, a man whose reputation is built on a merciless hunter’s instinct and a shoot first shoot last attitude. The most widely spread story about him is the one where he had his ring finger bitten off in a whore house by a Comanche magic women with the name “Laughing Crow Jane” he had been trackin’ across three states. Apparently Jane used the devils arts to trick Woods into her bed but when she went to scalp him half way through their dance Woods came to his senses, gouged out one of her eyes and got her in a fish hook hold. She bit clean through the finger before the fight was over but caught five .44 slugs for her troubles.

Last edited by Matt on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2011 - 9:47

I'm down, more info to come on my intentions.

For my character, not me.

My intentions are messy violation.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2011 - 10:38

I should all so note, young Jack is poking around low town during the week when he find Blacktooth passed out in an alley. The man looks like he took a short cut down the ravine to low town recently because his nose is broken, his arm is in a dirty make shift sling and he is missing a couple of his namesake teeth.
Back to top Go down
JimmyDoolin

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2011 - 17:15

We're both in. Sorry for the delay, I've been without internet. Session goal to come.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2011 - 20:59

Matt wrote:
You find Ugly Pete in a small and sparsely decorated room out the back of Salty Bills Saloon, he has the barmaid strewn across a small and filthy looking cot and he is hunched over her rutting away like a possessed Corgi. At the sound of the door opening he unleashes a torrent of profanity that is only achievable by a true sailor as seasoned as he but once he finally glances to see who has entered he chokes on his words mid sentence. He stands gaping like a stunned mullet for a moment before his words finally return to him and in utter disbelief he says, “Capan’?!?”

"Ugly Pete! How, in the name of all things decent, did you convince a woman to let you put that horrific thing inside her?"

I turn to the barmaid "Girl pull up your bloomers and go set a table up for drinks and a meal, I believe it will be your date who is paying".

"Pete get your self dressed and follow me. Oh do we have some things to discuss".

I lead the two of them back into the bar.

"Pete you slimy little maggot. I would run you through right now for a mutineer if it wasn't for Corn-Bread. He did tell me that you had proved some what useful at killing some of the younger turn coats before you moistened your trousers and submitted. But you are both here now and we must move on."

I ask a line of questions now that will require answering before I form a plan.

"Davie. You said the Purse was hit by the Union 'a weeks back'. How long exactly was the hit and where about in the Maze were you?
Now you say the Purse is docked in 'Injan territory'. How for from here and what is the nearest town? Is this the nearest settlement?
How bad was the damage!? Damn that fool if my Coin Purse is destroyed I will give him a slow and painful death. How long will it take to get her ready to birth?
Pete look me in the eyes. Have you seen Corn-Bread? He may not be wonderful conversationalist but he was loyal to a fault and I want him to join us.
That's right us, I trust I have your service again now that you have found your beloved Captain.?"

I await the initial reaction to this before continuing.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 0:41

Thanks matty,
once the mighty empires campaign has finished, i may look to starting up again, however i may just write up a new character at that time, so neither of us needs to worry about where ezekiel disapeared to for weeks, or months on end.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 8:15

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
Thanks matty,
once the mighty empires campaign has finished, i may look to starting up again, however i may just write up a new character at that time, so neither of us needs to worry about where ezekiel disapeared to for weeks, or months on end.

No Dramas boobs.

Out of interest, the little woman giving you grief about to much nerd time?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 12:39

Ok guys session is tomorrow,

If you haven't got you session goals up before midday tomorrow you will only be getting RP exp at most for the session. So get on it!.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 12:53

Matt wrote:

Out of interest, the little woman giving you grief about to much nerd time?

I could not have put it better myself :p
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 13:23

Word of advice, get on top of that quick otherwise the definition of "to much nerd time" gets smaller and smaller as the days go on.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 13:38

Matt wrote:
Ok guys session is tomorrow,

If you haven't got you session goals up before midday tomorrow you will only be getting RP exp at most for the session. So get on it!.

If you have yet to read the rules on character goals it can be found HERE.

There seems to be some confusion regarding them.

Your character can have three main goals that go on from session to session till achieved or given up on.

And separate from the above you need to set 1 session goal for every session. Your session goal is what you are planing to achieve in that session. It can be related to you main goals but it needs to be set every session.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Session Goals   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 16:08

1. Find out more about the current state of the Golden coin purse.

2. Figure out how many men Bull Rogers has under him and how experienced they are.

3. Get the fear into Ugly Pete and Little Davie no toes so they will be my loyal little snitches and help me chase down Corn-Bread.

Main Goals
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 13:02

Ok guys interesting session to say the least.

Experience wise.

Roleplay experience;

All attending players get 1 white chip for adequately playing their character.

Grace got 1 red for MVP for going above and beyond to pull West out of that alive.

Goal based exp.

Grace;
Main goals: -

Session goals:  To uncover the perpetrator of the murder Sadie witnessed, and have them judged in the eyes of God, or at least to progress along this path. (1 white chip awarded for checking in with Whale and Sheriff about this.)

Steel;
Main goals:

Session goals:

West;

Main Goal: Collect the Kwan bounty offered by the Mayor and take care of my initial reason for coming to town. (well you are half way there 1 red chip awarded.)

Session goal; Gain information on Kwans forces in the area through scouting as well as asking around and then try to assemble a group to take them out. (goal achieved 1 red chip)

Mac;

Session goal;

Main goal;  Make it rich - Bring his family to this golden land and save them from poverty. (you made some money 1 red chip)

Red Art;

Session goal; Find out more about the current state of the Golden coin purse. (yeah you got some more info but not much more during the session 1 white chip.)

Main goals; (seeing as how the Kwans bounty hunt was partially undertaken to fun the retaking of your ship 1 red chip.)

Mr Doolin;

Session goal; (found a little bit of info regarding the location of the Louisa Gray. 1 white chip awarded.)

Main goal; (assisted Pennybottom 1 red)
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Post Session   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 13:13

Well that was an interesting session.

OK people what did we learn? Don't roll a barrel of lantern oil into a gunfight. Secondly never trust the plan of a deserting Scotsman.
Regardless we achieved what we set out to do.

James West is sans one leg but not dead. Everyone else is fairly fine. Now lets look at where we are.

How many did we kill? In the end we killed the bald man with the moustache, who fits the description of the main antagonist we were after. To clarify that was Kwan yes?

Now Pennybottom killed 5 and mr. Doolin managed to dispatch 6 members. That is 11 and I believe there were no more than 6 or 7 others that were in-humed, bringing the total to about 12 or 13. Matty can you confirm those numbers please?

The area we are in is built to house more than that and it is probably just a matter of time before more come back. At one point I believe you said there were tents that could house 16 and I know that is not much more but it is still possible that we may see more scum coming back. We could probably pick them off but we do have an injured man. Having said that we have Ugly Pete and Davie not far from here with the cart so we do have slightly more men at our disposal.

First thing we should do is get the cart up here and load the chest of ghost rock and the chest of silver dollars up on the cart. Organise all the guns and ammo and load those up as well.

Now it was late at night so we should at least wait till morning. With sentry on the look out we should see if any one comes out of the mine (unlikely as it was so late when we attacked.

As to the mine, rather than own it outright I have another plan. Think about it. The initial thought of legally righting a deed up for us to own it is cool but it is going to be hard for us to own, operate, maintain and protect. Instead I propose we get in business with some one in town. I know the Rockies control a lot but I wonder if the founding family of Saint George would be interested in being part owners of the claim.

If we could work out a partner-ship with them in where we own a proportionate share of the mine but remain a silent partner I think it could work better. It doesn't have to be the Hanlans we could find another perspective associate. How do we feel about the Rockies?

The point is we should work out a deal where we as a business venture of our own (After this section I will express how I think that should run) maintain 60% ownership share in the mine but only take a 30 - 40% profit. This will all come down to negotiations obviously but the reasoning is this. We don't hire workers, organise the equipment or deal with the ghost rock (neither in processing or selling). We leave the mining trade up to the active partners. What we do is ensure that if it ever goes under threat we will secure the mine and dispatch any claim jumpers, either ourselves or by hiring a posse.

Our business structure. We have James Doolin. Mr. Doolin is proving to be a known legal mind in Saint George and he has handled himself with etiquette and professionalism. An obvious choice as the face of the company, but that doesn't always mean right choice. Now for now we want to keep this a simple outfit. Now as for the next person, and I gave this a lot of thought, we need to have someone handle the finances. So my proposal is that Mr. Doolin be the one to handle the payroll and legal proceedings and someone else take the role as face of the company. Now I think Mr. Doolin is probably the most trust worthy one to handle the money. Captain Pennybottom actually would be fine to do it as he looked after his crew well and never squandered his fortune but I can see the other party members being more comfortable with the lawyer who has already paid us continuing in that role. The next person who has the gift of the gab I think Captain Art would be best. He is persuasive and well spoken, and he is not easily intimidated. I think he with Mr. Doolin as advisory should handle any business dealings and appear as the face of the company. Big Mac was very adamant we take this bounty and he has claim to our find. I think he should be in charge of security for now. Whilst we get Mr. Steel stays right away from the money we keep him on a good retainer as we need the hustler type in a town like this. Now as for Mr. West and Grace..., As Grace came along with us we will certainly thank her bravery and abviously work out a deal in which we contribute to her church and help her set up a mission. Now we need to help Mr. West find his feet in this new town. Once we figure out what is happening with his leg I am still keen to get him to help us in our next venture into the maze. He has proven to be useful fodder and having him in a gun fight draws fire away from me.

Mr. west, we are in a world where some crazy new world scientists are inventing the most amazing new technology. I believe with the money we just acquired we could help get you a new leg!

Tell me what you guys think so far. I have more thoughts but we need to figure this stuff out as a group. I honestly think they way I have set this out is a good start.
Back to top Go down
JimmyDoolin

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 18:06

I concur with most of that. I agree we should wait until morning, posting sentries just in case more men come back. Tavish should take the fifty he is owed for the bounty and the rest of it should be put towards funding our expedition into the maze. The rest of the money should be split equally amongst those who were there.

I am curious about the possibility of starting a company and becoming a force in the town of St. George. A collective could be very useful for managing any goods we come across. But there are two things that we need to address. Firstly, we need to ensure that there is still ghost rock in this mine. Our cursory search didn't turn up that much ghost rock, and from it's outward appearance the mine seemed to be abandoned. Artemis - you've had experience with ghost rock. I vote that you take a few of us into the mine and make a initial survey of it to ascertain how profitable it will be.

Secondly, I am very happy to take an advisory role in setting up the venture. I can also take care of any legal hurdles we may encounter, including dealing with either the Rockies or the Hanlans re. the joint venture. However, as it stands I plan to leave St. George as soon as my business here is done. I have my own business to attend to in New York, and I cannot merely forget that to start a new life in St. George. I can certainly act as a silent partner from the east coast, but as it stands I would prefer to take a back seat. My ultimate goal, after all, is to locate Mike Preston.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Oct 2011 - 19:08

Mr. Doolin. Yes before we settle in for the night I will head back and get the carriage and my constituents. They will be the men I take into the mine, they are used to taking my orders and know what they are looking for.

As for a possible business venture, that is the beautiful part about the plan I have. It would take some initial work on you part but after that if you were to leave I could correspond with you via the pony express and the work would be left to those who have the experience. We can hire people of our own to handle the security in the near future but as I said this is all just a thought. We could just outright sell the rights to the mine should it turn out to still be worth digging. Either way I think we can make more money than we found on this evening.

As for your business back east I wonder if it would be as lucrative as the possibilities of staying in a boom town like Saint George where you have a monopoly on the market as it were.

Never the less I will help you locate this Mike Preston as you have promised your assistance with my predicament. Once we get back to town we will see what the light of the new day provides.
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 10:52

I will rest as much as I can and start setting a few lights up around the place. Ill use some time doing some learning on the steam powered gattling so I can use it as much as I can.

I write a letter to my superiors as well asking for a useful replacement for my leg as well as notifying them of the possible ghost rock mine they could control if they wish.

(if gattling gun is a similar focus to the gattling pistol) ill learn that with 3 points and ill put a point in steam carrage.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 21:12

Ok lets sort some of this out.

angry_dan wrote:
I will rest as much as I can and start setting a few lights up around the place. Ill use some time doing some learning on the steam powered gattling so I can use it as much as I can.

Woah woah woah slow down their cowboy. I don't think your fully across the situation your in at the moment, your leg is gone my friend. Well maybe not gone the bloody damaged remains linger on but for the moment your main concern should be staying alive. Thanks to the blessed hands of Ms Grace and the blind luck of Mr Doolin you are alive and not terminally bleeding but you are a world away from any mode of transport that doesn’t involve the word “carried”. If you do silly things like oww I don’t know, not getting 100% bed rest the chance that that piece of road kill you call a limb will get infected and kill you is massively high.

When the wounds are healed enough that you don't need to constantly worry about them openin' back up and letting out a few gallons a blood you will gain this hindrance;

Lame; There’s an old chestnut that says when something’s chasing you, you’ve only got to outrun one person. Unfortunately, you’re usually that one person. This Hindrance affects a character’s Pace and active defense. Crippled: One leg is missing or disabled. Your hero’s Pace is 2 with crutches, 1 without. Subtract –4 from active dodge rolls and other tests requiring mobility.

Ok hopefully that cleared up the situation Razz

On that note while reading up on this I noticed a few things in the book I have been doing wrong that I will point out now;

1. Chips can only be spent to reduced damage when the damage is done. You either spend them then or never.

2. Massive damage like fire and explosives is dealt to all locations at once, you don’t get the bonus die for head or gizzards tho. You just roll the total damage a spread it evenly as you can across the persons body.

3. Healin’ Wounds: Real wounds are trickier. A medicine roll can be made for an attempt to offer aid to someone up to one hour after an injury. After the “golden hour” has passed, a wound can only be healed by time or certain arcane processes. Doctors really can’t do a whole lot for a broken bone that’s surrounded by swollen tissue or a gash that’s already started to heal on it’s own. Still, you have to take what’s available.

angry_dan wrote:
I write a letter to my superiors as well asking for a useful replacement for my leg as well as notifying them of the possible ghost rock mine they could control if they wish.

Ok firstly, your at an old mine in the middle of know where and missing a leg, im not sure how your intending to get this letter delivered at this point in time but shy of one of your compatriots doing it your shit outa' luck.

How ever in the case that you do get around to sending a letter let me just explain how the mail system works in the west at the moment.

Mail in the west; There is no formal mail system in the West at the moment and shy of delivering it yourself getting a letter some place can be a might unreliable. The easiest option is to give the letter to a stage coach heading the direction you want the letter to go and pay the driver a few bucks. If the driver is honest the letter may actually get to the right destination. (about 40% chance of arriving if address is in the same state, about 20% otherwise.)

If you can get the letter to a train station a lot of the rail companies have a mail service that can be used to destination on their lines for a fee. Most of the rail stations are fairly reliable on this account(about 70% chance of it arriving.)

Aside from that you either need to find a trust worthy person to deliver it for you at a cost you agree on or find a Pony express rider. Pony Express riders claim that they can get any message anywhere . They are known to be a touch crazy but reliable none the less. If you can find a Pony express rider and agree to a price that chances of your letter arriving at the destination only depends on the hostility of the location and those around it.

angry_dan wrote:
(if gattling gun is a similar focus to the gattling pistol) ill learn that with 3 points and ill put a point in steam carrage.

Gatling guns work of the skill Shootin': automatics which you probably already have to shoot your Gatling pistols.

As for the steam wagon that requires the Drivin'; Steam wagon aptitude but to learn it is going to take some one to explain the workings and some practise. So until you have spent either a couple off weeks fooling around with a steam wagon or got some one to show you how the skill is not purchasable.

Hornet wrote:
.How many did we kill? In the end we killed the bald man with the moustache, who fits the description of the main antagonist we were after. To clarify that was Kwan yes?

Now Pennybottom killed 5 and mr. Doolin managed to dispatch 6 members. That is 11 and I believe there were no more than 6 or 7 others that were in-humed, bringing the total to about 12 or 13. Matty can you confirm those numbers please?

You encountered a total of 14 men at the mine;

seven of those are now dead including the now bodiless bald man with the moustache. You don't believe he is the man known as Kwan due to Kwans reputation describing him as far more Asian and rather less cauc.

4 of the men are servilely injured and will probably die due to blood loss or infection in the near future.

3 of them men were stunned or unconscious but only lightly wounded.

Hornet wrote:
The area we are in is built to house more than that and it is probably just a matter of time before more come back. At one point I believe you said there were tents that could house 16 and I know that is not much more but it is still possible that we may see more scum coming back. We could probably pick them off but we do have an injured man.

There are 16 tents yes, but they are of the size to suit 2 men each.
Hornet wrote:
Having said that we have Ugly Pete and Davie not far from here with the cart so we do have slightly more men at our disposal.

First thing we should do is get the cart up here and load the chest of ghost rock and the chest of silver dollars up on the cart. Organise all the guns and ammo and load those up as well.

Now it was late at night so we should at least wait till morning. With sentry on the look out we should see if any one comes out of the mine (unlikely as it was so late when we attacked.

Getting Ugly Pete and Davie up to the mine is not difficult and they are surprised when you come to get them saying that “with all that racket we figured you would be dead for sure.”

As for the loot, including items found in the house, tents and munitions store.

One chest containing 324 pre civil war silver dollars. (estimated value $324)

One chest containing an estimated 20lbs of Ghost rock. (I say estimated because you dont have scales to get an exact quantity or one of my 20ilb balls to use for comparison.)

32 Winchester rifles '73 (You would guess they are Union army “surplus”)

21 Colt Army pistols (All so probably ex-Union)

16 crates of .44-40 ammunition (50 rounds per crate)

1 crate of dynamite (10 sticks in total)

1 complete steam wagon with mounted Gatling gun. (well you think its complete as none of you are really experts.)

1 semi complete steam wagon with mounted Gatling gun. (it appears this one was having work performed on it recently as the front wheels and axle have been removed and there are some weird doo hickies and bits in a crate near by.)

3 horses. (alive)

16 Tents (Two man variety)

32 Bed rolls (1 man variety)

1 drum of lamp oil

6 oil lamps

Estimate 100lbs of jerky condition “suspect” (Once again you lack scales or 5 of my balls.)

3 full barrels of water sub type: Rain

16 loaves of army hard bread. (Chance of surviving consumption: Medium)

3 maps of local area including the areas north of Saint George and around the Oregon border. (Quality poor, Accuracy; Unknown.)
JimmyDoolin wrote:
Firstly, we need to ensure that there is still ghost rock in this mine. Our cursory search didn't turn up that much ghost rock, and from it's outward appearance the mine seemed to be abandoned. Artemis - you've had experience with ghost rock. I vote that you take a few of us into the mine and make a initial survey of it to ascertain how profitable it will be.

The mine does appear fairly unused with the exception of three wagons parked just with in the main entrance loaded high with timber planks. With regards to the state of the mine you are not 100% sure as you and your two crew members are far my knowledgeable in the arts of taking it off the people who pull it out of the ground rather then the digging it up yourself. A brief soiree deeper into the mine has you worried about the state of the support beams but does not yield any sign of ghostrock.

Ok any further questions?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 22:40

Thank you for the update Matty. I will do some thinking on this and come back to you.

One thing I will say on the state of the mine. I don't have to be holding a full house for people to think I am.
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011 - 0:51

then knowing all that i smoke, and drink whenever i can. the rest of the time i sleep and recover. anyone passing by where i lay i ask for food drink or to check my bandages as nicely as i can.

im not used to this whole dying thing.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011 - 8:18

Hornet wrote:

One thing I will say on the state of the mine. I don't have to be holding a full house for people to think I am.

I'm sure that will make a very rousing speech to your men when the place comes down on you while your poking around.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011 - 9:40

I obviously get the fuck out of there with they boys before any unplanned burials occur.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011 - 9:53

Hornet wrote:
I obviously get the fuck out of there with they boys before any unplanned burials occur.

Awww and here is me looking forward to chance to use those massive damage rules *sadface*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next