So people now have cash cash cash and they can spend it on casting a winter spell.
Gaz 3 Abundance
Dave 6 Blight Crops
matt 9 Trail of howling doom
dean 7 Blight Crops
JD 8 Deluge
Anna 9 Trail of howling doom
Danny 7 Blight Crops
Ryan 5 Blight CropsWINTER MAGIC
Determine which spell is available to each player by rolling on the winter spell table. players can then choose to cast that spell and declare any target. casting a spell costs 100 gold. Once all player have done so, GM rolls all 2D6 for each spell. If the result is equal to or greater than the number of tiles from one of that player’s city to the target, then the spell takes full effect; otherwise it fails and has no effect. the GM then resolves any spell effects.
2. Failure. The spell fails to work.
3-4. Abundance. This spell has no target tile. every tile in the players empire blossoms with life throughout the year. The player doubles the taxation generated this winter (modifiers for famine or blighted crops, etc. still apply).
5-6. Blight Crops. This spell is cast on a tile in an enemy empire but affects the empire as a whole. Crops shrivel and fail, reducing the yield of the entire harvest. That player looses gold equal to half the taxes generated this winter.
7. Quake. The city or castle in the target tile are devastated by an earthquake leaving the settlement devastated. Remove the city or castle from the target tile on a roll of 2+.
8. Deluge. This spell must be directed against a river tile, causing the river to swell, forming a tidal wave of destruction. Any marker in the tile is destroyed on a roll of 3+. Any marker lying downstream(away from mountains) of the tile is destroyed on a roll of 5+.
9. Trail of Howling Doom. This spell unleashes a trail of magical wind and storms beginning in the target tile. Any marker in the tile is destroyed on a roll of 4+. The spell then moves one tile in a randomly determined direction and affects it in the same way. The spell will keep on moving randomly until a 1 is rolled on the dice when rolling to see if a marker is destroyed.
10. Transform Gold. This spell must be cast upon an opponent's city or mine. Up to D6 x 100 gold pieces in the opponent's treasury are transmuted from gold into worthless lead!
11-12. Tornado of Peril. This spell creates a whirling tornado of magical energy that devastates the tile, destroying any marker in the target tile and remove any players flag.