Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for opinions

Go down 
+2
Hornet
Matt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

Looking for opinions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions   Looking for opinions - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012 - 11:15

Well we gave this a crack on the weekend in a little play test and i have to say i liked it.

It was simple yet fun.

Combat was lovely and quick/simple, i honestly can't remember the last time i manage to get three combats into a session.

anyway, if any of the guys who played want to add any thoughts it would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions   Looking for opinions - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug 2012 - 23:30

Character creation was a simple and easy. Period. I particularly liked the 'bonds' section.

Flow is crazy! We were all astounded when Matt concluded by informing us we had completed 3 combats in the course of pursuing the MacGuffin.

There most confusing aspect was realising the mechanics of the characters were not the summation of who or what the character was or could do.
To expand on that, IMHO, the moves that each character could perform where there to outline the role not finitely define it.

Again, flow is what you want when you just want a good game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions   Looking for opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012 - 9:21

Ran a quick 2hr session for Anna, Gaz and Mike last night. They seemed to enjoy it. Main comments where that they liked the free from flow of the game and the bonds. They were interested to see how it would hold up in an on running game.

If you guys want to and anything further to this feel free.
Back to top Go down
gaz
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'
gaz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions   Looking for opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012 - 17:30

it's a really good fun game. i think it would work best as a non serious game. i really like the mechanics facilitating more narrative play.

personally i think i would get bored with it on a long term game, it doesn't have enough stats and skills and perks n shit that i love to play with when levelling up. and i think its simplicity would get old.

that said i only have a limited experience with it
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions   Looking for opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012 - 18:32

Thanks Gaz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions   Looking for opinions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Social Gaming Scene :: RPn' Yo! :: General-
Jump to: