Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

!!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?

Go down 
+2
HappyNoodleBoy
Matt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

!!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012 - 17:39

Consult my thread about a possible rule light system that could be altered for modern future or past China. Pick it up make characters and everything in like an hour.
First session I played we all went completely opposite directions and we still managed to get get to the same place following different paths. I did get shot in the face and died but it was easy as.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012 - 17:56

which thread?
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012 - 19:47

Feng shui.
It uses 2 d6.
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012 - 22:49

anyway. if we are leaving shadowrun. Sad

i like your idea for a game matt.

feels like it would be a bit like neverwinter knights. i loved that part of the game and being a lord.

elements of game of thrones maybe?
gives the players a little bit of a time frame to set themselves up before the hordes come.

i would like to be a stealthy theif or something. i know this would not be conventional but maybe he is the brother of one of the lords in control of the theives guild or an organised crime syndicate.

i will call him crow. and he will be saboteur. he is sneaky and and a unic. he is the bastard child hence his rebellious nature.
he has a sense of honer he will not kill a woman even if she is savage. he employs thugs and pick pockets the like. children are picked up if they are homeless or show talent.
he is handy with a blade but uses a bow more often. why enter a building to break something, when you can simply burn it down with a few nicely placed arrows?
his people are swift and are quite skilled in parkour. they tend to live on roof tops and in the sewers as they are quick to maneuver.

will this rabble be possible?
if so what is the leash?
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 8:28

angry_dan wrote:
he is sneaky and and a unic.

Do you mean eunuch? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

angry_dan wrote:

will this rabble be possible?
if so what is the leash?

The leash is you have to be an actual eunuch to play a eunuch.

In all seriousness. Matty, if you require any aid in getting this off the ground, any research you need done (historical, or rules), or even if you just want someone to bounce ideas off, i would be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 8:31

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:

In all seriousness. Matty, if you require any aid in getting this off the ground, any research you need done (historical, or rules), or even if you just want someone to bounce ideas off, i would be happy to help.

Well the two key things i need from everybody is for them to voice their opinions on the idea and secondly to tell me what key elements they would like to see included in the game.

If you have ideas just post them here.

Otherwise this thread will solely be filled with Dan's 400 different character concepts.

At the moment all i have is a thumbs up from yourself and Dan so the game is nothing more then a concept as it stands.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 9:05

I guess i can air my thoughts on rule system;

My first thought was champions as it gives us an easy framework to build super heroish characters. Plus and interesting system for the making of magical artifacts and the like.

Due to the points buy system it uses, it would be all about coming up with a concept and then building a character around that.

I could quite easily do some poking around for other systems tho.

While i like the idea of nWoD. To get the right power levels would take digging through a bunch of splat books and picking and choosing what was available and what wasn't. While this may work it could be a might painful.

I could pick a dnd system and just give you a high points buy and lots of money for starting gear but that sounds kinda boring.

hmmmm
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 11:27

If it's dnd I'm the bright wizard. :-P

Also can I get a pdf link for champions?
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 11:31

What my thoughts were for nWoD would be to take a standard human character, and then apply a metahuman archetype to it, in order to get the extra powers the champions of the city state require. Of course with some altering. For example, for the super strong warrior hero, you apply a werewolf template, but dont actually have any transform ability, just give it the strength and agility bonus from the werewolf template. For a super fast, smooth talking hero, apply a vampire archetype to it, without the getting killed by sun bit of course.
nWoD also has a lot of teh political and intrigue, and city states stuff built into, especially if you are looking at the vampire sections.

However, you are indeed correct, the super powers so to speak would of course be built into champions already, as that is what teh rule system is about.
And I do like champions.

I still think gurps would be doable as well, gurps can be used for anything, that is the point of it. However of the three I have mentioned here, I do think gurps would be the most work for you matty.

Another question. Would I be correct in assuming that our rival city states, would have there own champions much like ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 11:50

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
What my thoughts were for nWoD would be to take a standard human character, and then apply a metahuman archetype to it, in order to get the extra powers the champions of the city state require. Of course with some altering. For example, for the super strong warrior hero, you apply a werewolf template, but dont actually have any transform ability, just give it the strength and agility bonus from the werewolf template. For a super fast, smooth talking hero, apply a vampire archetype to it, without the getting killed by sun bit of course.
nWoD also has a lot of teh political and intrigue, and city states stuff built into, especially if you are looking at the vampire sections.

Yeah that seems like a lot of work. Let me break down the work load for that idea;

Read and learn WoD
Have player describe their character concepts
Find suitable powers/rules to represent said chr
Re work powers/rules to suit character
repeat process X times (where x = number of players)

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
However, you are indeed correct, the super powers so to speak would of course be built into champions already, as that is what teh rule system is about.
And I do like champions.

Yeah Champions the work load would be;

Relearn rules
House rule out any options i feel aren't appropriate.
Supply players with rules
Help build chrs

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
I still think gurps would be doable as well, gurps can be used for anything, that is the point of it. However of the three I have mentioned here, I do think gurps would be the most work for you matty.

Gurps is defiantly doable. I am a little hesitant when it comes to GURPS tho, as i seem to find that it reads better then it plays.

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
Another question. Would I be correct in assuming that our rival city states, would have there own champions much like ourselves?

Ow most defiantly.

I like the idea of characters being fantasy super heroic though.

So if you want your chr to be a vampire assassin then we make one and work it into the story, if you want an elven blooded marksmen using a custom built black powder rifle the likes of which has never been seen in this land... lets make it. If you want you character to posses a legendary sword which grants them super human powers... cool! lets do it.

I want there to be more freedom in the character creation. Your characters are meant to be a bit out their and different from everything else. I don't want just ... Dave the really good fighter... i want Dave the War Titan whos blood flows with elemental fire due to a pact he made with the forces of chaos!.

Think ninja scroll, think Homers epics, think weird Japanese cartoons that don't make 100% sense to anybody except guys that fuck pillows with pictures of chicks on them.

Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 13:46

Matt wrote:
What elements do you really want to see in my next game?
  • I like to feel like I can change the world, shifting a grain of sand at a time.

• I like detailed characters with unique aspects and mechanics.

• I like practicality but fantasy is fantasy and sometimes I blur the line into high fantasy.

• I like a story I can sink my teeth into. Something personal to the character.

• Overcoming pivotal challenges which reflect directly in the world and story we take part in.

I am in a special circumstance where I don't have distractions like family/kids/sports/a life to get in the way of my game. It's also the only social activity that I afford myself on my only day off. So my motivation level and game availability are usually quite high. I know not everyone is the same. My point here I believe is that I don't mind a heavy forum interaction between sessions but it only works if everyone is on par.

I've played Birthright and enjoyed it immensely back in AD&D days. The political intrigue is what drove the story and I am a fan of political intrigue. That is why I enjoy Game of Thrones so much. I was also getting into the political intrigue Dean was trying to weave into his game.

Medieval games in general are so over-done and cliché that they hold very little appeal to me. At age 14 it was so amazing. Now it is meh.

Some thoughts before I go to worl. cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 15:54

Anyone seen Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex? This series encapsulates all the parts of an RPG that I enjoy. A team exercise with individual initiative, pack mentality and political entrigue in a modern to post modern setting where technology, has lept ahead.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 18:09

Hornet wrote:
WOD group dynamic. As in possibly werewolf the forsaken where players are a pack.
In forsaken you can aim the game towards setting up pack territory and defending your turf against spirit leaks in the weak areas on the wall between the meat world and the spirit world. You can clear out vampire dens as a pack or help neighbouring packs fight of demons. Or vie for land in turf wars with other packs. I would like a campaign where we have a good mix of characters, like engineer, shaman, hunters, techs etc like in shadowrun but with WOD rules. Combat runs smoothly in WOD and it's not level based.

Hornet wrote:
Deadlands combat heavy.
I want a deadlands campaign with problem solving and actual role play involvement but I would love a power balanced rivalry where a lot is sorted by combat strategy. Say we are a group that works smoothly together with a history of cooperation and some established trust, and we have at our disposal a number of NPCs that can be used to aid us in our shootouts etc, where combat strategy is the name of the game. Lets try and keep the sessions for the dice rolls and actions and forum time purely for planning strategy with no wandering time that can play out.

Hornet wrote:
I would cum blood if you ran one of these.
I would masturbate with vigour under intensely elevated blood pressure until I ejaculated whilst haemorrhaging.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 18:11

Physicist wrote:
Anyone seen Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex? This series encapsulates all the parts of an RPG that I enjoy. A team exercise with individual initiative, pack mentality and political entrigue in a modern to post modern setting where technology, has lept ahead.

Love ghost in the shell. Played Stand alone complex on PS2 would like a game like that.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 20:49

hehe fuck you JD and Shmus im back to square one now...

Im starting to think the best idea might be my, sit the group in a room till they agree on something they all want to play.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 22:02

Matt wrote:
hehe fuck you JD and Shmus im back to square one now...

Im starting to think the best idea might be my, sit the group in a room till they agree on something they all want to play.

By this i mean, coming up with an idea that please everybody in some way is looking to be hard.
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 22:20

i think i can speak for everyone when i say.

MORE BOOBS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!
Patty

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 23:00

[spoiler="A":0bdb][quote:0bdb="Matt"]

I like the idea of characters being fantasy super heroic though.

So if you want your chr to be a vampire assassin then we make one and work it into the story, if you want an elven blooded marksmen using a custom built black powder rifle the likes of which has never been seen in this land... lets make it. If you want you character to posses a legendary sword which grants them super human powers... cool! lets do it.

I want there to be more freedom in the character creation. Your characters are meant to be a bit out their and different from everything else. I don't want just ... Dave the really good fighter... i want Dave the War Titan whos blood flows with elemental fire due to a pact he made with the forces of chaos!.

Think ninja scroll, think Homers epics, think weird Japanese cartoons that don't make 100% sense to anybody except guys that fuck pillows with pictures of chicks on them.

!!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 Mqdefault
This round I'm going to use my powers to... Turn JD into a chicken!

Seriously though... This part is full of win.

[spoiler="B":0bdb] [quote:0bdb="JD"]
A game where I don't have to do anything between sessions where I can just turn up, kill some time with friends and the go home? This guy... he gets it.

Unless he was being sarcastic, in which case he doesn't get it at all.

[spoiler="C":0bdb] [quote:0bdb="Matty"] !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 Man-boobs
These are NOT spirit fingers.

!!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 Talia_shepard_has_some_nice_new_boobies_015

THESE are spirit fingers.
"D":

"E:

[spoiler="F":0bdb] [quote:0bdb="matty"] High fantasy like
Grim dark like
Sci fi meh
Games with a big over arching plot like
games where players drive the plot dislike
games which run for a long time and involve multiple stories depends
short games based around one story also depends
Detailed pre made worlds depends on the world and the details focused apon
Worlds that the players help to build these start fun, then get really boring really quickly
Lots of magic like
no magic dislike
Lots of character creation rules it depends what the rules entail
Basic rules to shape the game rather then control it like
Games where you get to build an empire this one and the "worlds players help build are the same question
Killing monsters and finding loot like
Games with mysteries to be solved like
Boobies Like

[spoiler="G":0bdb] [quote:0bdb="Ryan"]As much as every DM tries to make it different, and i do applaud all the different DM's takes on DnD, it does eventually boil down to the same thing. "Party see's a monster/group of monsters. Party attacks. Party gains XP."

After reading this, I believe I have just been made too stupid to explain what is wrong with it. So i'm gonna sit here and dribble into my lap for a while.
[spoiler="H":0bdb] [quote:0bdb="Matty"]Ok mull on this for an idea for a game and give me your opinions.

This is working off what has been said so far.

Setting will be a fantasy world – with a basis 2070 Rome (politics wise) by which I mean the magic and technology fantasy empire. So the world will be made up of small mini regions ruled by newly ascended corporations.

Influences: Exaulted, the works of Homer, Birthright, Greek mythology, a song of fire and ice.

The players will be superhuman in characteristics. Mages and scholars will start off being well above the average human intelligence and will eventually reach a point where they can outwit the God’s. A warrior might start being stronger then three men and grow to become a figure of legends with stories that are told far and wide about their athletic prowess. This is much the way I imagine the PCs should be in most games. As awesome as playing Rando Average, the normal guy from down the shops, can be. Personally I believe its much more fun to be playing Conan, or Merlin, or whats his name, the dude... with the thing.

The characters would all belong to one small corporation in this now volatile land; they would be key/prominent members of the society and advisors to the corporate heads (to begin with). Their goals would be to further increase both the power of their corporation and their own power and influence. this part bores me.

It would play in a way similar to the Birthright campaign some of us once played in. In that campaign the players had a large control over their domain, ruling over the people under them. But they were also champions of the region expected to step up to its defence in times of need. From this I imagine i'll sit around doing nothing until the afore mentioned "time of need"

I would try and minimalism the micro management side. good, because i'd be doing zero of that.(for example I would try and keep away from you having to write xl spread sheets to monitor the incoming taxes and the outgoing costs ect, because you would have your own advisors and serfs to deal with that.) For example you may wish to raise a certain amount of troops only to be informed by an advisor that the treasury coffers could not handle it, so you order them to raise the taxes to cover it etc.

The game would be a fairly even mix of politics, action and adventure. so... even mix of smoke breaks action and adventure eh?

As for the system shadowrun with funny names?

It would also allow for a decent amount of people to be involved but not everyone required to be attending every session. So there may be 8 players but only 4 or 5 at any sit down to a session at one time, but the others still able to be involved on the forums between sessions. (Hopefully this makes sense)

Anyway….

With this I think I have included a lot of the requested elements;

An ongoing over arching story.YAY
Player driven elementsMeh
Out of session forum play BOO!!! (lots of boo.)
A group/pack mentality Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this is in anyway a group thing.
Something more then basic DnD hack and slash I think the only real hack and slash I've played in years has been after we blew up your world in the 4e campaign.
And theoretically I can sneak some boobies in there. YAY

Have a think on it but tell me your opinions/thoughts/ideas…. Be they big, small or otherwise. I have small ideas... because i'm compensating.
"I":

[spoiler="J":0bdb] [quote:0bdb="Matty"] I know that if a suggest a game that's Sci-fi or has guns in it i am unlikely to get Dean interested to play.

I know if i use the words "player driven" to describe my game Patty probably won't sign up.

Or if i say the game will be a non serious hack n' slash fest, JD will probably lose interest.
If you said "no terrible irish accents" Shamus would probably not come.

Last edited by Patty on Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 6:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fatdicks.forumotion.com
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 23:39

Matt wrote:
]By this i mean, coming up with an idea that please everybody in some way is looking to be hard.

I'll fix my statement then.

Quote :
A team exercise with individual initiative, pack mentality and political entrigue in a setting that is easily relatable.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012 - 23:49

Thanks for your input Patty! You know me well. tongue
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012 - 8:06

Patty wrote:
If you said "no terrible irish accents" Shamus would probably not come.

Patty, this simply isn't true. I can also do bad Essex accents, decent Glasgow accents, inconsistant Welsh accents, offensive asian accents, Russian sounding german accents. I can do Jordy and Cockney accents but sort of both at the same time, I can do a flawless Australian accent, I can do a Yorkshire accent although admittedly sounding like nanny Ogg. I can do a mediocre south African accent. I'm offended you think I would stop at one bad accent.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012 - 9:15

Ok lets see if i can map some of this out. I am going to write down the "elements" and then put names next to them. If i put the name in green it is an element they like where as red means they dislike it.

Fairly simple? Don't forget if you see something you don't believe is correct post it up and if you want to add something post that up too.

Spoiler:

Edit:
Update for Patty
Updated for Ryan

Last edited by Matt on Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 11:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012 - 9:23

So you guys see the info i have gathered. I'm not sure what to make of it. What do you think i should look at running next so everyone is happy?

Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012 - 11:04

you can add my name in green to the following:

Ability to affect and change the world: JD
Detailed characters with unique aspects and mechanics: JD
Good character based plot: JD Patty
Forum play: JD A_Dan Patty
Medieval setting: JD
Hi Fantasy: Patty
Grim Dark: Patty
Sci fi: Patty JD
Games with mysteries to be solved: Patty
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012 - 14:04

Fuck it, i think i will do this idea.

Matt wrote:

Spoiler:

I am struggling to come up with something better, so unless anyone is overly opposed or has a better idea i will start doing the leg work.

If you have any suggestions to make please feel free to add them here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?    !!! Attention Players!!!  What do you actually want?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

!!! Attention Players!!! What do you actually want?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next