Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave

Go down 
+2
Physicist
Matt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave Empty
PostSubject: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 23:02

Session 4
26/1/13
6pm My Place

Let me know if your available ASAP.

Attending:
JD
Tim
Dan
Shamus

In game date; June 742DS, Year of the crustacean.

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials."
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Last edited by Matt on Thu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:53; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 21:33

Also heads up to you all!

When we sit down for next session the in game month between sessions will be gone. Any actions you failed to declare prior to the session will not happen in the time. \

Now you know.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 12:01

Ok then, I do this.

Physicist wrote:

• Organise with Donk to undertake a census to gather as much useful information about our nation and its populace as possible.

• Using the information found in the census identify the most skilled/senior of each profession with the intention of appointing them as the 'guild master' of said profession.

• Having appointed guild masters establish trade guilds begin assisting in the facilitation of charters and etc, to lay the foundation for all forward guild structure and activity.

• Appoint an 'Iron Trade Counsel' where each guild master convenes to discuss the activities, concerns and goals of each guild on a monthly basis.

• Obtain relevant information to plan and construct a stockade at Royalwell to help fortify and protect the investments in the area.

• Using the Royalwell stockade as a prototype initiate a plan to construct additional stockades at Ferryside, North Waterdam, Mudcrest and Carrwater.

• Send envoys to investigate the current state of affairs as well as needs and expectations of Roaylwell, Ferryside, Mudcrest and North Waterdam.

• Establish an efficient and secure passage between aforementioned villages to facilitate trade routes, military easement, etc.

A lot of what is to come is dependent on this simple groundwork.

Also I will be available for game night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 12:59

[quote="Physicist"]Ok then, I do this.

Physicist wrote:

• Organise with Donk to undertake a census to gather as much useful information about our nation and its populace as possible.

Sweet, can you give me the basics on how you plan to go about step one so i can determine how long it takes and how accurate it is?
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 15:38

Basic information to be included in the Iron Ridge census;

• Number of people living in each dwelling
  • Number of men
  • Number of women
  • Age of said people
  • Level of education
  • Trade-skills
  • Access to amenities

Data collection can be handled by myself with the ability to move theoretically 360km/h. (100m per 'Flash-Step' per second).

I can speak to village headmen to gather basic information about the place and people then onto each home to collect census data.
Back to top Go down
timboza
timboza

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:06

Australia day weekend?!!??!? Well I have no plans so far, so count me in.

I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do but wasn't sure where to post it... so I will post it here!!

After returning from our little adventure of recreating the opening scene to monkey magic with some slight homosexual innuendo. I will (if I can back track to the end of our last session) Spend the first week hermiting myself away in the manor (was there a page with description of the manor?) I want to asses any disrepair to the house, search for any hidden passages trap doors bobby traps or anything unusual. I will use my ethereal state making sure there are no hollow walls or hidden doors. I forget if you said the place was run down or not but I will also use this time to clean and repair anything that's not to big of a job. Also do I have anyone working for me at the manor, slaves butlers grounds keepers ect.

After the busy week at the manor I will head to the old trade hall (does that mean there's a new trade hall in town to?).
I will inspect the hall to see its condition and whatever contents it may be storing at the moment. I will ask Ol' Gampy

'Ol' Gampy, my friend. Tell me. I hear the Old trade hall isn't doing as well as it once did. Do you know of the reason why. Is it just the war or some other things. I would like to try and bring it back to it's former self so if you could help me identify some of the issues you think might be holding her back I would be thankful.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 18:30

timboza wrote:
Also do I have anyone working for me at the manor, slaves butlers grounds keepers ect.
This it?
Back to top Go down
timboza
timboza

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 19:20

answers my questions about the house, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 13:12

Physicist wrote:
Basic information to be included in the Iron Ridge census;

• Number of people living in each dwelling
  • Number of men
  • Number of women
  • Age of said people
  • Level of education
  • Trade-skills
  • Access to amenities

Data collection can be handled by myself with the ability to move theoretically 360km/h. (100m per 'Flash-Step' per second).

I can speak to village headmen to gather basic information about the place and people then onto each home to collect census data.

Ok, given your speedy means of conveyance you manage to cover a fair bit of ground by your self in the month. You cover Blackwell Castle and the immediate area around it + one additional area (as per the info in the ICC post)

I will let you tell me what info your census comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 13:46

timboza wrote:
Australia day weekend?!!??!? Well I have no plans so far, so count me in.

I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do but wasn't sure where to post it... so I will post it here!!

After returning from our little adventure of recreating the opening scene to monkey magic with some slight homosexual innuendo. I will (if I can back track to the end of our last session) Spend the first week hermiting myself away in the manor (was there a page with description of the manor?) I want to asses any disrepair to the house, search for any hidden passages trap doors bobby traps or anything unusual. I will use my ethereal state making sure there are no hollow walls or hidden doors. I forget if you said the place was run down or not but I will also use this time to clean and repair anything that's not to big of a job. Also do I have anyone working for me at the manor, slaves butlers grounds keepers ect.

The house is modest but sturdy and your house staff have kept it well maintained and clean. While there isn't any secret passages or traps, you do find a fairly well constructed hidden safe. It's empty but it could prove useful.

timboza wrote:
After the busy week at the manor I will head to the old trade hall (does that mean there's a new trade hall in town to?).
I will inspect the hall to see its condition and whatever contents it may be storing at the moment. I will ask Ol' Gampy

'Ol' Gampy, my friend. Tell me. I hear the Old trade hall isn't doing as well as it once did. Do you know of the reason why. Is it just the war or some other things. I would like to try and bring it back to it's former self so if you could help me identify some of the issues you think might be holding her back I would be thankful.

The hall is mostly empty, a couple dozen crates of iron ingots are stacked to one side awaiting the next Ruby King caravan.

Ol' Gampy chews his dentures for a moment before responding.

" Well Sire... i don't rightly know, in my pappas time they used to run a lot of auctions here, corse there were a sight more merchants passin' through in those days. "

Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: availability   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 17:31

im free
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 18:43

I doubt there are many ingots in the hall as very little ore was smelted. It's laying around some where is raw form.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 8:09

Physicist wrote:
I doubt there are many ingots in the hall as very little ore was smelted. It's laying around some where is raw form.

The crates are fairly small due to the lack of forklifts.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 18:16

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 18:53

I will add another thing I wish to do to this section.

I posted in my characters holdings actions I wish to take with the goblin mine. I also posted in ICC for JD.

Once I have achieved the work on the mine (if time permits) I would like as many volunteers from our little group to come south with me to take out these spiders.
Matty what word have we of their numbers now and the specific areas they are in since last session?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:50

Hornet wrote:
I will add another thing I wish to do to this section.

I posted in my characters holdings actions I wish to take with the goblin mine. I also posted in ICC for JD.

Once I have achieved the work on the mine (if time permits) I would like as many volunteers from our little group to come south with me to take out these spiders.
Matty what word have we of their numbers now and the specific areas they are in since last session?

The mine works seem to hinge largely on Dans consent, so i will have to wait to receive his response.
Back to top Go down
Deanskiz
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
Deanskiz

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:31

Ladys....... I cant make this session guys, sorry!!

I got to go to a birthday and its a birthday i can not go, i've been thinking of ways not to go for the past three days lol.....
But yea i got to go!!

Play with out me this session.
And i'll converse with you matt on the between session!..

Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 8:03

That a shame Harry, but life is what it is.

Have a think about what your doing during the month and try and get it up on the forums ASAP if you could. I will try come see you on Monday or something.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 8:08

Matt wrote:
The mine works seem to hinge largely on Dans consent, so i will have to wait to receive his response.

Yeah I should've got it up earlier to give him a chance to respond. Can we briefly play that out at the start of the session if he is down for it?

Ha ha I said I should've got it up.

Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave If-you-know-what-i-mean
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 8:39

Hornet wrote:
Matt wrote:

Yeah I should've got it up earlier to give him a chance to respond. Can we briefly play that out at the start of the session if he is down for it?

We will see
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 21:02

Dan wrote:
the rest of my month i wish to spend at the base of the avalanche site offering services such as house repairs, preparing new feilds for crops clearing debris etc.
I will also construct a memorial honoring the people killed in the avalanche, while still trying to give us much as i can i will still need to rest up during this time as well.

at least two or three days this month will be spent meditating, giving me time to reflect upon my actions

This will occupy the rest of your time, as you will need a combined time of two weeks for the return trip.

The mountain people are more hunter gather then farmer as there is little farm-able land in the harsh snowy environment where they live. You are however able to aid in the repair of many of the huts around the village, both ones damaged by the avalanche and ones just needing general repairs.

Rather then building a memorial to the dead the village elder requests your aid building a large monument to their god in the town square. The people of the mountains generally worship Dongo the God of storms.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 13:36

Matt wrote:
Ok, given your speedy means of conveyance you manage to cover a fair bit of ground by your self in the month. You cover Blackwell Castle and the immediate area around it + one additional area (as per the info in the ICC post)

I will let you tell me what info your census comes up with.

Not entirely sure what information I should provide without going overboard.

Villages = 20-1000 (µ) 50-300
Towns = 1,000-8,000 (µ) 2,500
Cities = 8,000-12,000 (µ) ??

From this estimate we should be able to assign percentages to show the details I require.

Ideally we just require generic values as too much information becomes hard to manage.

I will need to have Pridwyn create the documents for me to record this information (I cannot write the common language). Simple icons to represent simple information (think pre-schoolers book).

I don't believe I really need hard numbers but something to build my concepts upon.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 16:19

Ok making things simpler sounds good.

Lets take these numbers as a base;

Physicist wrote:

Villages = 20-1000 (µ)
Towns = 1,000-8,000 (µ)
Cities = 8,000-12,000 (µ)

It seems ok as a base for me.

Then break each type down into 3 sub types being based on population.

these three sub types will be ;

S = Small (Small type have a population in the bottom 25% of the listed range)
A = Average (average have a population in between 30% & 70% of the listed range)
L = Large (Large have a population in the top 25% of the range)

That way you could say something like;

Royalwell, Village(S).

That way you would know at quick estimation that Royalwell is a village of around 250 people

So rather then plotting a population for each place you just list them as a type (Village, Town or City) and a Sub-type (S,A or L)

as a side note it is safe to assume that all Villages, towns and cities are of the (S) sub type in Iron Ridge due to the ravages of war etc.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:26

Ok enough procrastinating.

Sorry for the delay, big week, blah blah.

Slow session guys but 10 exp for you all.

Dan, Erd is loosing another 5 of that into stasis for killing the bandits. Until he can make amends anyway. I am going to start keeping track of this on your character thread some place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave   Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave Empty

Back to top Go down

Session 4 - 26/1/2013 - Oh what tangled webs we weave
Page 1 of 1