Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? Empty
PostSubject: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:30

Session 4
9/2/13
6pm My Place

Let me know if your available ASAP.

Attending:
JD
Dan

Shame Moose

In game date; July 742DS, Year of the crustacean.

"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
-Tecumseh

Last edited by Matt on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 13:26; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 11:31

I'm free to the best of my knowledge!

My month will be spent speeding around the place conducting the census in the regions to the east and north leaving the west unless I have enough time.

I expect my barracks to be mostly finalised pending payment thanks to Pridwyn managing it with my serf's contributing to the labor effort. I may even contact Erd about this when he returns from the southern flatlands.

I will use the information I gain from the census and my conversations with the populace to sort out the possible guild leaders of the their respective trades. For trades see Medieval Trades.

Quote :

1. Organise with Donk to undertake a census to gather as much useful information about our nation and its populace as possible.

2. Using the information found in the census identify the most skilled/senior of each profession with the intention of appointing them as the guild master of said profession.

3. Having appointed guild masters, establish trade guilds and begin assisting in the facilitation of charters and etc, to lay the foundation for all forward guild structure and activity.

4. Appoint an 'Iron Trade Counsel' where each guild master convenes to discuss the activities, concerns and goals of each guild on a monthly basis.

5. Obtain relevant information to plan and construct a stockade at Royalwell to help fortify and protect the investments in the area.

6. Using the Royalwell stockade as a prototype initiate a plan to construct additional stockades at Ferryside, North Waterdam, Mudcrest and Carrwater.

7. Send envoys to investigate the current state of affairs as well as needs and expectations of Roaylwell, Ferryside, Mudcrest and North Waterdam.

8. Establish an efficient and secure passage between aforementioned villages to facilitate trade routes, military easement, etc.

Whilst visiting the eastern villages I will inquire as to the availability of resources (people, materials, etc) to begin two MAJOR construction projects;
  1. Construction of stockades

2. Construction of locks

Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Dan

PostSubject: availability   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 22:06

im in matty
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: session 5   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 22:45

the start of my month is spent finding the services of a well known and trusted messenger with whom i will entrust a personally sealed and signed letter which is to be taken back to my monastary and handed to forstyn yamir and noone else ( matt if you can let me know what payment the messenger is requiring cheers ). the letter will be asking for assistance in creating another a second monastary any help thay can provide will be much appreciated and it will be one deed that does not get forgotten. If no messenger can be found then maybe Aizen could be of assistance,in return i would spend a week donating my skills to whatever it is he wishes to have constructed.

i visit the fletcher, leatherworker and swordsmith purchasing new bows , swords and leather armour for the wardens of the kings gaming reserve. while at the fletcher i will inquire wether there is anyone that can give my wardens a lil more archery training nothing to full on but enough improve their skill level

Exclamation all remaining time will be spent improving the stonework on an around the blackwell castle entrance such things would include the cobbled road leading into and out of the castle, the actual gate structure itself, scalloping out the ground on the outside of the walls, creating archery slits at crucial vantage points.... i could go on forever lol.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 9:09

Ok don't take any offense but im going to work through this slowly and ask a few precise questions so as to elevate any misinterpretation. Hopefully we both end up on the same page that way at the end of it.

Physicist wrote:

My month will be spent speeding around the place conducting the census in the regions to the east and north leaving the west unless I have enough time.

Ok so far your census has covered Blackwell Castle and the Southern Flatlands.

For all intensive purposes to complete a census on any one region takes you 15 days. During this time period you must dedicate all waking hours to the task or it takes longer.

That should give you a bench mark for allocating your time.

Physicist wrote:
I expect my barracks to be mostly finalised pending payment thanks to Pridwyn managing it with my serf's contributing to the labor effort. I may even contact Erd about this when he returns from the southern flatlands

Can you be a bit more specific on what you want built, just so i know we are on the same page. I mean, do you just want a fence around the old serfs quarters or something more elaborate?

Physicist wrote:
I will use the information I gain from the census and my conversations with the populace to sort out the possible guild leaders of the their respective trades. For trades see Medieval Trades.

What characteristics are you looking for in guild leaders, just the most skilled? This task will probably take you about 5 days (mainly due to the long list of trades) unless you wish to simply draw names from a hat. If you pick the later rout it would be less then a days work.

Physicist wrote:

Whilst visiting the eastern villages I will inquire as to the availability of resources (people, materials, etc) to begin two MAJOR construction projects;
  1. Construction of stockades

2. Construction of locks

A few questions to make sure we are on the same page;

re; Stockade
Intended location:
Intended material (ie, primarily stone or timber):
How many men will the stockade house:

re; The lock
Intended location;
Intended purpose;

Also your probably going to need to find a skilled engineer to design and oversee this project. While you have an understanding of engineering, something like this may end up being over your head. Unfortunately skilled architects and engineers are rarer then hens teeth in the Iron Region. The region has been running "bushiness as usual" for so long that the practitioners of these arts have left for greener pastures.

Questions or queries let me know.

Dan i will get onto your post soon.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 13:11

Dan wrote:
the start of my month is spent finding the services of a well known and trusted messenger with whom i will entrust a personally sealed and signed letter which is to be taken back to my monastary and handed to forstyn yamir and noone else ( matt if you can let me know what payment the messenger is requiring cheers ). the letter will be asking for assistance in creating another a second monastary any help thay can provide will be much appreciated and it will be one deed that does not get forgotten. If no messenger can be found then maybe Aizen could be of assistance,in return i would spend a week donating my skills to whatever it is he wishes to have constructed.

Ok, you need to specify to me where the original monastery is located. Have a look at the map and let me know. Also what kind of assistance do you require? Labor, financial, other. More to the point, what are you asking for?

Dan wrote:
i visit the fletcher, leatherworker and swordsmith purchasing new bows , swords and leather armour for the wardens of the kings gaming reserve. while at the fletcher i will inquire wether there is anyone that can give my wardens a lil more archery training nothing to full on but enough improve their skill level

The iron region has no competent weapon smiths at this point and the most skilled Fletcher in the region is one of the wardens. The local leatherworks are able to make some armor for you but their skills lie more in saddles and harnesses rather then armor. You can how ever pick up items from traveling merchants, the choice is more limited and it is slow and difficult to get any custom work done, it is an option though.

As for archery training, your wardens are all fairly competent archers. While not battle hardened they are skilled trackers, hunters, trappers and outdoors men.

Dan wrote:
Exclamation all remaining time will be spent improving the stonework on an around the blackwell castle entrance such things would include the cobbled road leading into and out of the castle, the actual gate structure itself, scalloping out the ground on the outside of the walls, creating archery slits at crucial vantage points.... i could go on forever lol

If you dedicate a full 14 days of your waking hours you would be able to repair and improve the main road that runs from the "castle" gate, through town square and down to the flatland (about 3 miles worth). The roads are old and very worn with many ruts and missing stones. With your considerable talents the road could be repaired to greatly improve traveling ease in add out of Blackwell. This would aid the movement of carts (mercantile and industry) as well as troops.

Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 18:36

PART ONE
Spoiler:

PART TWO
Spoiler:

PART THREE
Spoiler:

Pick it apart. That's what you do. But please, I'm trying to make something out of nothing with no available resources. I ask for information first so I can make informed decisions to base my later plans and actions upon. All the while trying to avoid your 'fuck-you' hammer. Hopefully I'm starting to make myself clear, if not then sorry.

/that is all.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 19:52

I will be there.

Once the plan to deal with spiders, bandits and Bold has been put in place I have a few things I wish to do this month.

Fist I would like to chase down any responses from the letters sent out for my men in the regiments. It has been three months and I would hope to see some response.

I have some work I wish to do with my holding which I will post in that section.

1 thing I would really like to do is to look into where the drawven settlements are in the surrounding areas. Are there still dwarven cities in the mountains? I will liaise with Aizen and find out if he has heard anything.

Once that is done and I have dealt with my holdings I wish to head south towards the tower of the wyrm and see my giant relatives that live there.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 20:24

Spoiler:

Ehh have a look at that, respond as required.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyTue 5 Feb 2013 - 9:35

JD, re; you Guild formation issue my advice is as follows.

Don't try and do them all at once.

You will no doubt need to oversee the fledgling stages of these guilds because they are a new concept in the region. I would pick a small number of guilds to start with and concentrate on getting them up and running. Once they are going you can use them as examples for the others.

Hopefully that way you wont be spreading yourself to thin.

Pick two or three primary guilds. Get them going. Work from there.

It's a big meal and you are not a duck. Cut it down into manageable mouthfuls rather then trying to swallow it whole and choking.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyTue 5 Feb 2013 - 12:44

Quack! Right oh! Quack!
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 6:18

I think that my current plan will serve me best in the long run. So;

1. I will continue with the census to the East and North. The census and it's data is my main priority at the moment. = 1 month of time.

2. I will place an extra mark next to the trades persons whom I feel would serve as a suitable guild master of their respective trade.

3. The barracks should be able to hold around 50 persons. I say this as I already have 24 and have an express interest in increasing this number.

4. The stockade prototype will begin as with lumber to provide rudimentary protection with the ability to reinforce with stone later.

5. As my eagerness to protect the waterways has not diminished but the practicality of a lock seems less feasible I will continue to prospect this idea for now. I believe I may need to conduct a feasibility study next month to ascertain whether a lock or dam or other will provide the appropriate security/control. At least providing a 'chain' may be a an alternative solution in the interim.

I do expect to push myself a little to make an allowance to get the above done within my month but still interact with Furl of the shifting sands.

I am currently contemplating sending a letter south to find out if a suitable engineer may be 'obtained' to help bolster the improvement and expansion of our current infrastructure.

/that is all.

Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 18:09

Matt wrote:
Cut it down into manageable mouthfuls rather then trying to swallow it whole and choking.
as if he'd choke lol.... he has a pretty deep throat lol!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 18:54

Matt wrote:

1. Ok, you need to specify to me where the original monastery is located. Have a look at the map and let me know. Also what kind of assistance do you require? Labor, financial, other. More to the point, what are you asking for?

2. if you dedicate a full 14 days of your waking hours you would be able to repair and improve the main road that runs from the "castle" gate, through town square and down to the flatland (about 3 miles worth). The roads are old and very worn with many ruts and missing stones. With your considerable talents the road could be repaired to greatly improve traveling ease in add out of Blackwell. This would aid the movement of carts (mercantile and industry) as well as troops.

1. i am asking for help with the construction of Yamir Sanctuary which i plan on opening for my earthen brothersin the coming new year, by healp im meaning labour , tools if any lol, lumber and their time.

2. yes i will dedicate the full 14 days to this task.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 19:43

Dan wrote:
1. i am asking for help with the construction of Yamir Sanctuary which i plan on opening for my earthen brothersin the coming new year, by healp im meaning labour , tools if any lol, lumber and their time.

Cool, the key piece of information i require now is the originally monasteries location.

Dan wrote:
2. yes i will dedicate the full 14 days to this task.

Excellent. You receive much praise during your efforts from the local populace, especially the men who run the wagons in from the mines. You have cut almost an hour of their trip which is time that can be better spent in the moose head.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: location location   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 17:34

Quote :
Cool, the key piece of information i require now is the originally monasteries location

western most point on our continent as any further will take way to long to travel to
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 8:42

Dan wrote:
Quote :
Cool, the key piece of information i require now is the originally monasteries location

western most point on our continent as any further will take way to long to travel to

Ok i will add it to the map. You can discuss with Aizen if he wishes to make the trip for you, otherwise you can hand the note along with a few gold coins to a merchant heading to Redport and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 11:51

Side note. I have spoke with Tim and Dean. Time is unavailable but Dean is a go.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 16:16

aizen will make the journey for me in return for construction services Twisted Evil during our next month between sessions
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 12:31

Ok good session last night and for killing Shullgothin you all receive 15 exp.

After the battle and the head count you realize you are down a couple fisher men and 4 gnomes.

After a few failed attempts the three ships manage to drag the huge carcass back to the lakes shore a short walk west of Royalwell.

The people of Royalwell all flock to the shore to gawk at the monstrosity and there is much celebrating.

The people have a lot of trouble skinning the beast but once somebody produces a small silver pocket knife they start to have a bit more success. The best doesn't seem to posses any bones except the jutting teeth in its maw. The blubbery meat isn't a taste sensation but it is edible. The beasts slimy hide is tough too cut with with anything but silver though as the days pass and it dries out the silver isn't required so much.
Inside the beast stomach they find the remains of its last meals along with a bunch of random metal items which didn't appear to be able to digest. The local children manage to scavenge up coins, belt buckles, xbow bolt heads and many other items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?   Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Session 5 - 9/2/13 - When first we practice to deceive?!?
Page 1 of 1