Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to make friends and influence people

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

How to make friends and influence people Empty
PostSubject: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 10:08

As the weather turns colder in the Iron ridge so chills the relations between the Iron court and the Ruby King.

General Cactus and his troops show little sign of leaving, when questioned the General states, "A recent assassination attempt made on my life has shown just what lengths Riverring is willing to go to to hurt the Ruby King and his allies. Because of this his eminence, King Mankar III , widower of the setting sun, has bid me to hold to my task, and defend the Iron Kingdoms border to the last man."

The General is at least good to his word, whether by intention or not, as no independent merchant caravans are attacked rounding the western mountains. The fact that the flow of merchants from the west has trickled down to naught may be a large contributor to this though. Two weeks after the the assassination attempt the General receives a small group of reinforcements, a Mage known as Alexander arrives accompanied by two apprentices, two wards and a small entourage of slaves. Not long after arriving the mage can be seen at work around the camp but to what avail you are not sure.

By mid month you receive and unexpected visitor. Trader Adam arrives from Riverring, alone and unheralded, he requests an audience with the Iron King and his council.

"Unfortunately my friends the news i bring is not good, the council sits undecided regarding you plea for assistance. This war with the Ruby King is being fought on many fronts, your border being only but one of them. Trader Topaz and I have both championed this plan of your King Blackwell but the rest of the council is more concerned with the ongoing naval skirmishes in the northern straits. Understandably they view securing our lines to the world outside of Faraway as the key to victory and have little time for other concerns."

Adam pauses briefly to retrieve a cigarette from his robe, lights it and continues.

"The unfortunate situation for you your majesty is that the Iron Ridge is viewed as a problem that can wait, likely by the Ruby court as well. Your mines are not likely to sprout legs and leave and whom ever mines them when the war concludes can be bargained with then. I have no doubt this Mankar will not hesitate to cut you out of the picture when the time suits him, but for the moment you are viewed as useful. Your people mine him the iron and he sells it abroad at a decent rate and while his attentions are consumed elsewhere the situation likely suits him well enough.
The Guild holds a similar view. Primarily we shall concentrate on crippling his ability to export, if we control the seas the life can be slowly choked out of his empire, coin by coin, then we swoop in with the coup de grĂ¢ce once he is down and gasping. This is a slow approach yes, but we are merchants not Warlord."

Adam stops to take a deep draw from his cigarette while studding the faces of each of you in turn.

"I how ever wish to play this game a little differently. I see a potentially strong ally in the Iron Kingdom, you are a fledgling nation yes, but you are compromised of some very skilled individuals. I believe we can do great things together and i do not see the point in wasting a good ally in the hope that who ever comes next will be equally suitable. The council may not throw its full weight behind you yet but i can, and i am a man of no small means."

With a brief pause and a develish smile Adam continues.

"So i put it to you your Majesty, that between yourself, your Dukes and I, we construct a plan to evict these unwelcome guests promptly so that we can resolve this mess and settle back down to business!"
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 10:17

As a side note, Adam inform Azien that the agricultural adviser he requested will not be arriving this month.

"He sends his most humble apologies but due to the situation between our borders he feels it is unlikely he would arrive unmolested if at all."
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 11:41

The news of the Kings draft is received with mixed emotions. While the people aren't generally thrilled with the idea, in the reign of the Dol Seroth empire it was required that every second son was sent to join the legion at the age of 15. Most of the boys taken were packed onto a ship at Port Newland never to see Faraway again. The idea that the draftees will be defending their homeland seems to sweeten the idea to the local serfs.

Not long after the proclamation is named, volunteers begin to arrive at the gates of Blackwell Castle. They are doe eyed kids, still wet with there mothers milk but they are all keen to serve their new King.

Donk quickly sets them to training but it does bring other issues to the service.

"We need smiths to forge weapons and armor. The smiths we have are fine for shoeing a horse or crafting plow shears and pick heads, but the making of a good sword blade is an art. That flea bitten Gnoll has yet to bring weapons or armor to trade and the skilled slaves he offers are never smiths with the skills we need. We have iron, we have leather, we just need some one to turn it into the equipment we need to get our troops outfitted. I can train the kids that we draft but it will all be for nothing if we don't have swords to put into their hands at the end of it."

[ooc]Note: Volunteers received in October = 40.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 8:15

[OOC] When in the month does this happen. We are in the East, I will be staying there for about 2 weeks and will be able to hastily return in quick time. Just trying to accertain where I will be.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 8:19

[OOC] For arguments sake it is assumed that the meeting happens during a period when you are in Blackwell castle.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 18:44

Matt wrote:
As a side note, Adam inform Azien that the agricultural adviser he requested will not be arriving this month.

"He sends his most humble apologies but due to the situation between our borders he feels it is unlikely he would arrive unmolested if at all."
"Trader Adam, I am quite perturbed to hear that the agricultural advisor will not be visiting. We had so hoped his assessment and advice would yield a bountiful harvest in the coming seasons. Possibly leading to more tradable resources and therefore more opportunities to pursue profitable ventures with friends such as yourself and the Rivering Traders Guild.

Is there still hope that he can yet be convinced to stick with the original agreement, provided assurances concerning his safety and wellbeing could be made? What if I were to not only take responsibility for his safety and wellbeing but to also guarantee the safest route and most expeditious method of conveyance?".

[OOC] I did originally state to the advisor that I would personally see him to the Iron Ridge as a point of personal safety. With Bankai that 480,000 meter distance would take 43 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 19:26

Physicist wrote:
[OOC] I did originally state to the advisor that I would personally see him to the Iron Ridge as a point of personal safety. With Bankai that 480,000 meter distance would take 43 minutes.

[OOC] you say a lot of stuff. You can go pick him up if you wish, im not sure how comfortable he will be about being fireman carried across the Rivering border but hey, im sure you can make it not awkward. Also he has stuff, so you might have to make two trips.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 22:17

[OOC] O.K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 8:58

"Unfortunately my friends i am unable to delay here any longer."

Adam gives an extravagant bow.

"Your Majesty, Dukes, if you need me please don't hesitate to call."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends and influence people   How to make friends and influence people Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make friends and influence people
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Social Gaming Scene :: Archives :: Old shit-
Jump to: