Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.

Go down 
+3
Hornet
Tom
Matt
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. Empty
PostSubject: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:01

Session 4 – Saturday the 8th of October.

6:00 PM My place.

Signed up.
YoYo
Shamus
Dan
Chris
Tim
Clem

Session info

Session 3 ends 18th of April 1876
Session 4 starts 25th of April 1876

So you have a week to play with.

All so if you want to make any experience out of the session make sure you get your session goal posted up at least 3 days before the session.

Game Info:
Spoiler:

"Mr Pennybottem I advise you if you end up in this establishment you may want to diminish your olfactory senses in any way possible... I suggest a peg."
- Mr J. Doolin

Last edited by Matt on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 19:01; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:19

in

main goal:

lesser goal: To uncover the perpetrator of the murder Sadie witnessed, and have them judged in the eyes of God, or at least to progress along this path.

Last edited by Tom on Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 14:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:32

YoYo wrote:

lesser goal: find out what that giant murdery things was and destroy it if it isnt human

wtf YoYo? and thats your session goal?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:40

YoYo wrote:
in

main goal: be sanctified for pushing back the evil that has appeared in the wake of the great quake

lesser goal: find out what that giant murdery things was and destroy it if it isnt human

All so is it posible to be sanctified while your alive? i thought it generally got awarded after you were dead?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011 - 9:15

All so i note that a lot of you still don't have pictures for your characters in the character section.

Get on it!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptySat 1 Oct 2011 - 14:28

whats wrong with finding a murderer as a session goal?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptySat 1 Oct 2011 - 14:35

YoYo wrote:
whats wrong with finding a murderer as a session goal?

I have no idea what "the giant murdery things" is so there is fuck all chance of you finding out in a session!

My point is YoYo, what the hell do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptySat 1 Oct 2011 - 15:41

Door Matt. I am signing up.

My goals for the session are to figure out where the Louisa Grey is taking Pickles. To work out more of a deal with Tony and Clay where me Steel and Doolin help dispel rumours of their dealings with Pickles and Preston.

I need to discuss with Clem and Tim what our plans are in more detail, involving voodoo and shit. But aside from that general buggery and letchery.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptySat 1 Oct 2011 - 16:15

Clem and Tim... or should I say:

Steel and Doolin. It is I Captain Artimus Pennybottom and we need to talk. These recent happenings have raised some interesting queries. We need to convene and discuss these recent activities. Let me know your thoughts, perhaps we could catch up over a drink before we progress.

(PM me and maybe we can arrange an on line chat conference, maybe skype?)
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptySat 1 Oct 2011 - 16:21

Hornet wrote:
To work out more of a deal with Tony and Clay where me Steel and Doolin help dispel rumours of their dealings with Pickles and Preston.

Why would they need to dispel any rumours of working with Pickles and Preston?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptySat 1 Oct 2011 - 17:04

They mentioned they didn't want to be associated with them and that they wanted those rumours quietened.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyMon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:04

YoYo wrote:

lesser goal: To uncover the perpetrator of the murder Sadie witnessed, and have them judged in the eyes of God, or at least to progress along this path.

Ok that is a session goal i can understand.

All so don't forget you have a week of between session time to play with people.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyMon 3 Oct 2011 - 11:21

Art, you wander into the Bills’ on the evening of the 20th only to spot a familiar face ordering a drink at the bar. Little Davie no toes the yellow bellied ships boy who worked the powder store on the Golden coin purse for you, he stayed on with Rogers after the mutiny mainly due to his general dislike of both fighting and swimming. As you approach the bar he turns and drops his glass in pure terror but you manage to grab him by the scruff of the neck before he makes for the door.

“Capan’ Red I swear to you on me ol’ mothers grave I ain’t had nuffin’ to do wif dat’ mutiny and the only reason I dun’ stayed with Bull for so long is on account of me bein’ unable to find a ways to escapes him!!!”

Your ever keen eye notices the growing stain around Davies unmentionables and with little more then a raised eyebrow on your account he continues to spill his guts.

“I managed to get away just recently you see Capan’! Bull had to put the Purse ta’ anchor in a little cove down south a ‘ere after we’s got broadsided by a Union Iron Clad a weeks back. Now ‘es all ‘old up in Injan territory wif ‘is new crew trying to get the Purse Sea worthy again! That new lot ‘es sailin’ wif at worf a gob of your spit if you ask me Capan, deserters and card cheats da lot of ‘em.! So that’s when me an Ugly Pete dun conspired to makes ow’ escape an made off wif one o’ da’ long boats!”
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyTue 4 Oct 2011 - 11:03

Refer to character history:

"Little Davie No Toes.... I never thought it would be you I saw first. I notice your smell hasn't improved. So you and Ugly Pete escaped you say? Pete yielded at the sign of steel but at least I could believe he escaped. How did you get the balls to leave? You can't even contain yourself now. Regardless what is this talk of the Purse? Did Bull send you? I swear to you in the name of the mad King George that if you are lying to me I will cut your little willy of and make you eat it."

I will go on to question him about the crew that were left alive.

"Have you seen Corn-Bread?.. and What happened to Bull's boys? Matty the Plague and Stackhouse? How many does he have on board now"?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyTue 4 Oct 2011 - 11:26

Hornet wrote:
Refer to character history:

"Little Davie No Toes.... I never thought it would be you I saw first. I notice your smell hasn't improved. So you and Ugly Pete escaped you say? Pete yielded at the sign of steel but at least I could believe he escaped. How did you get the balls to leave? You can't even contain yourself now. Regardless what is this talk of the Purse? Did Bull send you? I swear to you in the name of the mad King George that if you are lying to me I will cut your little willy of and make you eat it."

I will go on to question him about the crew that were left alive.

"Have you seen Corn-Bread?.. and What happened to Bull's boys? Matty the Plague and Stackhouse? How many does he have on board now"?

"Matty's dead Capan', Bull had him keelhauled not long after you jumped ship. It won't pretty Capan' but Bull jus' kept sayin' it was what would happen' to any who wouldn't follow his lead."

Davies eyes go a little distant as he recalls this.

"As for dem others, Stackhouse is still on 'e Purse but he ain't to keen on dat fact. Corn-Bread i ain't seen hide nor 'air of and Pete ..." his mouth curls into a big dirty grin at this point, "Pete's out back wiff dat buck tooff barmaid attendin' to his manly urges!"

"The escape was mostly Petes doin' Capan' but he needed some one else workin' de oars wif 'im. I thoughts that Stackhouse would a' been 'is first choice but Bull dun let him up on deck to ofen'."
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyTue 4 Oct 2011 - 14:51

I contemplate his words briefly and stare through him as I think out loud.

"Hmm Bull always lead with fear more than any real skill. A man whose only followers are loyal through fear will quickly lose said loyalty when doubt begins to rise. Stackhouse is fierce but from the start I could sense his doubt in Bull. I am not surprised that ugly little Plague Matty is dead. When I saw he didn't surface in the fight I knew then it was only a matter of time. I give him credit though he didn't kill you, though he did wipe out so much of the crew it's a wonder he had enough men to sail to port at all."

I sit him down and order over 2 shots. When the barmaid doesn't come a smile forms on my face.

"Actually it has been so long since I has seen old Ugly Pete I can't wait for him to finish. Let's you and me go pay him a visit".

I put my arm around Davies' shoulder and stand him up. "Lead the way my stub footed friend the three of us need to have a little chat".
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyTue 4 Oct 2011 - 23:49

i would like to sign up.

main goal; scout out the ____ forces and to start up some poker games at the first to try and find this first job im ment to be working on while im in town.

lesser goals; try and sus out who i can rely on in town to help me take down the _____forces and who has the information on them.

through the week ill look around low town for any trouble that needs dealing with while gathering information of any leads on the headless man case and any other dealings in low town.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 8:54

Righto Dan and the name you are looking for is the "Kwans"
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 9:11

Not singling out you Dan but i will use your post as an example.

angry_dan wrote:

main goal; scout out the Kwans forces and to start up some poker games at the first to try and find this first job im ment to be working on while im in town.

While these are both progression towards main goals they are not main goals in themselves, what you have listed here are good examples of "session goals". These are both small things which are achievable in a session and can move you forward on your main goals. So an example of what your main goals should look more like would be;

Main goal; Collect the Kwan bounty offered by the Mayor and take care of my initial reason for coming to town.

then your session goals would be something like this.

Session goal; Scout out the Kwans forces in the area and gather some information regarding my initial job.

angry_dan wrote:
lesser goals; try and sus out who i can rely on in town to help me take down the _____forces and who has the information on them.

The above would be another fine session goal but you can only have one session goal for each session. SO maybe for the coming session a good session goal would be;

Session goal; Gain information on Kwans forces in the area through scouting as well as asking around and then try to assemble a group to take them out.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 10:01

As a further note, with the exception of Mr Doolin none of you that have been staying at the #1 have made mention of paying your board.

With the rooms costing 50c a night and meals an extra 25c that come out to about 75c a day (ignoring any heavy drinking you might do.)

With this coming session starting on the 25th of April here is a list of what people owe.

Mac and Steel - $14
West and Art - $8
Ezekiel - $11

Make sure to deduct the money from your totals.

Last edited by Matt on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 10:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 10:07

I snoop around the boat yard for a bit looking for boats and their corresponding captains. I also use the sermon on Sunday to warn people to be constantly vigilant of sinners, as it is evident that one of them committed the murder that Sadie witnessed.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 11:39

angry_dan wrote:
through the week ill look around low town for any trouble that needs dealing with while gathering information of any leads on the headless man case and any other dealings in low town.

Out of interest what kind of wounds are you still holding onto or did Ezekiel take care of them?

YoYo wrote:
I snoop around the boat yard for a bit looking for boats and their corresponding captains. I also use the sermon on Sunday to warn people to be constantly vigilant of sinners, as it is evident that one of them committed the murder that Sadie witnessed.

Snooping might not be the right word as Nuns in full get up tend to stick out but you do manage to keep an eye on most boats with out to much issue. With exception to the larger vessel that is being built in the Hanalans yard they are small maze runners that are docked in Low town. The Captain's all seem to be in town for basic repairs, offloads and restocks but after a day or two you hear persistent rumors of a Pirate by the name of "Dancing Toad Charlie" and his boat "The Lazy Sunrise" attacking a mining camp some where further south near a place called the hollow.

Your Sunday service is a bit more fire and brimstone then the faithful of Saint George are used to and it seems to set them all some what on edge but afterwards Voodoo Tony stops by to tell you that he found in particularly entertaining and enlightening.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 16:36

Matt wrote:

Out of interest what kind of wounds are you still holding onto or did Ezekiel take care of them?

Angry Dan's wounds were medicined :p
JD's wounds were lay on handed, thats right teh monk laid his hands on a kid :p

I am sorry matt, but I am going to have to withdraw from this campaign, I simply do not have the time for it atm, sorry to drop out like this.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 17:12

Not a problem Ryan thanks for playing. You can returne if you change your mind
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. EmptyWed 5 Oct 2011 - 17:14

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
I am sorry matt, but I am going to have to withdraw from this campaign, I simply do not have the time for it atm, sorry to drop out like this.

The point of this campaign was that the players could come and go when availability allowed if I understood it. It sucks that you can't commit to it regularly, trust me I know how hard it can get, but I'm sure if you find an opening you could drop in on the occasion. Am I right Matty?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.   Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance. Empty

Back to top Go down

Session 4 - 8/10/11 - He's as welcome as a rattlesnake at a square dance.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next