Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A giant's holdings

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

A giant's holdings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Feb 2013 - 10:26

Excellent.

I will release her from her cell. While I am there in the manor I will have the maids run her a bath and clean her up. I will get them to repair her current garb and dress her in humble finery. Then once she has had a good feed I will take her to the castle and try and find Captain Donk.

"Captain. This woman wishes to kneel before the king and repent for her crimes against his kingdom. She will swear her allegiance and offer herself as ward to the Iron Duke Melchid."
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Feb 2013 - 10:28

Matt wrote:
What works are you referring too?

The stables. I asked him to alter them to be able to house an elephant. Or did I dream that?
In that case I will ask him that very question.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 10:15

Hornet wrote:
Excellent.

I will release her from her cell. While I am there in the manor I will have the maids run her a bath and clean her up. I will get them to repair her current garb and dress her in humble finery. Then once she has had a good feed I will take her to the castle and try and find Captain Donk.

"Captain. This woman wishes to kneel before the king and repent for her crimes against his kingdom. She will swear her allegiance and offer herself as ward to the Iron Duke Melchid."

"Hahaha Linda!!HAHAHAH.. swear and Oath .....to Brutus.... HAHAHA this i gota see... I shall wake his Majesty up!"

Linda scowls at Donk and he wanders of laughing.

Hornet wrote:
Matt wrote:
What works are you referring too?

The stables. I asked him to alter them to be able to house an elephant. Or did I dream that?
In that case I will ask him that very question.

I vaguely remember this now you mention it.

ehh, i'm not really sure you want to alter the stables so much as build a new structure. what you really need is a decent fence and some shelter, wouldn't really need 4 walls, just somewhere it can get out of the elements. If you want a complete covered building you are looking at something like a barn.

Maybe find me a picture of what you want so i have a guide line.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 19:22

Enclosure Idea:

Obviously take out the palm trees but this is the idea of the size I want. Good wooden fence. Gazebo style shelter from the elements and a water feature for him/them.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 19:54

2 months 300gp..

I'm happy for the time to be retroactive.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 20:16

Retroactive time would mean it is done then?

I will take 300gp of my total.

Excellent. Do I have space on my land to build dorms for the 222? The triple deuces as it were? No fancy stone barracks for now just dorms suited to Gnomes?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 20:26

Hornet wrote:
Retroactive time would mean it is done then?

I will take 300gp of my total.

Excellent. Do I have space on my land to build dorms for the 222? The triple deuces as it were? No fancy stone barracks for now just dorms suited to Gnomes?

Yes its done, and you should look up what 3/4 of an acre means.

You could house them in the castle if you wish.. It is build for purpose.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2013 - 19:13

Once I have sorted out the 222 platoon and got them housed in the castle, I will turn my attention to the estate.

This month will be mainly spent on the following tasks:

liaising with Major Lovely and Sergeant Dull to try and get more gnomes for the platoon.

Getting Lovely to chase down any communications with more soldiers who have served under me.

Getting to know my slaves (as it were) and giving them a choice for life.

The bulk will be me heading to the Eastern mountains and visiting, then trying to recruit some strong young giants.

First thing I will do is meet with the whole estate. The original family and the slaves.

"Now my loyal servants and my newly acquired friends. I am not in the business of purchasing slaves. I do however know when I have the opportunity to stop slave trade in our area. Yes I purchased you but what I offer may suit you better than freedom. We have three men of trade, some strong workers, fine young women and these two children, 1 girl and a fine young lad. If you stay here you will not be treated as slaves. You will be housed equally with the current family of servants that are paid a modest wage and live freely on my land. You will, as they do, work and be expected to use your skills. You will not be held in poor quarters and treated like slaves. You will be fed and allowed clothing befitting your position on my 'staff'.

You do not have to do this. If you wish your freedom you already have it and may leave. I can not promise you amnesty outside the city but if you go off on your own I will make sure whilst in this kingdom and the east of the Iron ridge, you will not be up for grabs. I feel that your lives would benefit more from joining my estate and working with me and my people to build this noble kingdom into an empire.

We will be expanding our land and I will have a forge, and stone works, a timber mill if the heavens see to it.
I will need you to help with that.

The labourers will help around where they are needed. Thee house maids will learn from these fine women in my employ. To one day take charge of my next estate.

And of course the children. You will be educated and raised by this family. Of course if your parents were among those sold to my fellow Dukes I will do what I can to reunite you with them.

What do you say? Are we able to live together as free people?

Where are my manners? You know who I am but I do not know your names. What can I call you all"?

I will deal with this, then Lovely and Dull. Then I will make my way east.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 11:54

Hornet wrote:
"Now my loyal servants and my newly acquired friends. I am not in the business of purchasing slaves. I do however know when I have the opportunity to stop slave trade in our area. Yes I purchased you but what I offer may suit you better than freedom. We have three men of trade, some strong workers, fine young women and these two children, 1 girl and a fine young lad. If you stay here you will not be treated as slaves. You will be housed equally with the current family of servants that are paid a modest wage and live freely on my land. You will, as they do, work and be expected to use your skills. You will not be held in poor quarters and treated like slaves. You will be fed and allowed clothing befitting your position on my 'staff'.

You do not have to do this. If you wish your freedom you already have it and may leave. I can not promise you amnesty outside the city but if you go off on your own I will make sure whilst in this kingdom and the east of the Iron ridge, you will not be up for grabs. I feel that your lives would benefit more from joining my estate and working with me and my people to build this noble kingdom into an empire.

We will be expanding our land and I will have a forge, and stone works, a timber mill if the heavens see to it.

The labourers will help around where they are needed. Thee house maids will learn from these fine women in my employ. To one day take charge of my next estate.

And of course the children. You will be educated and raised by this family. Of course if your parents were among those sold to my fellow Dukes I will do what I can to reunite you with them.

Where are my manners? You know who I am but I do not know your names. What can I call you all"?

From amid the group Linda calls out.

"Is this an offer open to me as well Duke? Or are you still intending to kill me if i seek my freedom oh noble savior of the slaves?"
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 17:36

"Ha ha ha, Bah. Oh Linda you are so very comical. I love our little jokes. Linda my dear you are a criminal, you were not bought or sold, you were caught trying to kill members of the royal court. You may argue that it was an act in a time of war, but you were a mercenary. You serve no king but nevertheless if we treat this as a prisoner of war situation then yes you are free to go. When Bold offers a fair prisoner of war trade I will see you free, in the meantime you can drop the sassy attitude and try and earn my respect as a soldier then we will talk".
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 10:42

Hornet wrote:

I will deal with this, then Lovely and Dull. Then I will make my way east.

Just coming back to this. What did this result in? How did my new "guests" respond to my offer?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 17:12

Matt. Can We Please Address This?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:39

what slaves do you own again?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 6:51

Hornet wrote:
Workers and slaves purchased of Furl:
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 15:05

Hornet wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Workers and slaves purchased of Furl:

Sorry about the delay in answering, been soaking in the bad in launceston for the last few days.

In answer to your question, lets let the dice decide!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 15:06

They all stay, for what reasons, who knows?

i fucking know that's who.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 20:03

I ask my new employees if the parents of the 2 children who live with us were among those sold to our Dukes.

Then I will arrange the woodworker and mason help the smith to design and plan a forge for him to use on my land. Also a smelting oven for making ingots.

This month will be used by my estate to settle the new workers into their roles and arranging their quarters for them.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 15:15

Hornet wrote:
This month will be used by my estate to settle the new workers into their roles and arranging their quarters for them.

I'm not sure i understand what is being said here.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 22:53

Whilst I'm away I will have the Cutwell family who work at my estate, help settle the new workers (the slave I purchased and have now given freedom too and employment) into the servents quarters. I will get them to teach them the ropes of how things run in my estate etc. I will elaborate further about the instructions I will give them soon.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 8:06

Hornet wrote:
Whilst I'm away I will have the Cutwell family who work at my estate, help settle the new workers (the slave I purchased and have now given freedom too and employment) into the servents quarters. I will get them to teach them the ropes of how things run in my estate etc. I will elaborate further about the instructions I will give them soon.

Ok but your probably going to need to increase the size of your servants quarters at some stage. You just double the amount of people living their and it was already near full before hand.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 9:37

Don't forget your out 460g this month to pay your various mercs.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 10:11

Matt wrote:

Ok but your probably going to need to increase the size of your servants quarters at some stage. You just double the amount of people living their and it was already near full before hand.

Good point. What I will have the trade workers do is put the forge plans on the back burner (wow a very appropriate turn of phrase) and start to try and increase the servants quarters. If the renovations required for that on the existing levels are impractical I will have the three of them work on a plan to add another story up on the estate. I ask them to work together on a rough plan in the days before I depart and present 1 or 2 options to me with estimated costs. I will see which would suit me more and will give them the appropriate funds to sustain the project in the coming month. They can utilize the cutwell family and laborers of course when it comes time to build them. I will stress the point that this extension to my estate will be their home so make it as comfortable as you can without being overly lavish.

I will subtract the amount owed to the military when at my desk.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 15:06

Review Above and Quote when you can please Matty
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 9:50

The servants quarters can currently house about 10 people comfortably, and is a small stone structure behind the main house.

Ho large do you wish to make the servants quarters, ie how many people do you wish for it to house?
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 17:46

Well currently there are the 6 Cutwells living in the servants quarters. Additionally I have the following to house currently. 1 black smith, 1 woodworker, 1 stone mason, 2 female house servants, 2 labourers and the 2 children.

That makes 15.

The main house has 4 bedrooms. I am happy for now to house the 2 children in one room with the female house servants, and the Cutwell daughters in another room. This still leaves a room for me and one spare. That is 6 inside which leaves 9 out in the servants house. I can have Linda in the servants Quarters as well. There is little risk of the tradies and labourers causing her grief.

That way I don't need them doing much work at the moment to extend but could still leave them with some coin to make some modifications to the estate in the way of say; modernising and improving the servants quarters, improving the larder, adding desks in the study for the children to do their lessons. They could survey the estate and give me an estimate on what could be done.

I also still want to learn their names, back story and whether or not the parents of the two children I am now in charge of were with Furl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A giant's holdings   A giant's holdings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A giant's holdings
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next