Social Gaming Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Gaming Scene

Roleplaying, Table Top Gaming, Shenanigans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.

Go down 
+5
HappyNoodleBoy
Patty
angry_dan
Hornet
Matt
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2011 - 13:27

As for L5R I would like to play a kuni witch hunter again, send me a link to the books could you, and i will start having a read again. Thansk matty.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2011 - 14:02

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
send me a link to the books could you, and i will start having a read again. Thansk matty.

L5R 4e was only released late last year and at the moment only 2 books and the gm screen are availible.

Link to the core book

If you see JD or myself we both have PDF copies of the book.

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
As for L5R I would like to play a kuni witch hunter again,

I would rethink this option, at the moment the game i am aiming for is more of a social deathmatch.

There will be combat but the focus will be more on the social element of the game.

While a Crab could be an interesting character to play a Kuni Witchhunter will really be in the wrong element and will likely be frustrating to play as most of its abilities will be of next to no use in 99% of the sessions.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2011 - 14:04

HappyNoodleBoy wrote:
DEADLANDS!!!

light hearted or not i dont care.

DEADLANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a side note i doubt i will ever run something as rules heavy as Deadlands in a light hearted fassion.

It would be like takeing a leasurly swim through a lava pool.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2011 - 19:48

For those of you not familiar with the L5R setting a few pictures to wet your appetite

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2011 - 23:11

What type of dice is king in L5R? Stupid question I know, but I gotta know

(so I can microwave it clearly)

e: Also, been reading a lot of nWoD stuff lately. Looks neato. Downloadan L5R now though, to have a parooz.

e2: Matt are you part of the unicorn clan

e3: I meant that because unicorns are typically gay not in the sense that you ride horses

e4: Hot damn the more I read this book the more inspired I get.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2011 - 1:00

Yup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/physicist
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2011 - 8:12

Chris wrote:
What type of dice is king in L5R? Stupid question I know, but I gotta know

(so I can microwave it clearly)

e: Also, been reading a lot of nWoD stuff lately. Looks neato. Downloadan L5R now though, to have a parooz.

L5R incase your still wondering is the d10 Roll and Keep system.

For any action you will have a pool of d10 to roll bassed of your stat's and skill to roll (mx 10) and you get to keep a certain ammount of those dice and add them together to beat a TN. The dice explode in a lot of situations.

Chris wrote:

e2: Matt are you part of the unicorn clan

e3: I meant that because unicorns are typically gay not in the sense that you ride horses

I consider myself more of a Rabbit clan member because i lack importance in the grand scheme of things, i am white and i like to crawl into dirty brown holes.

Chris wrote:

e4: Hot damn the more I read this book the more inspired I get.

It's an amazing world and it really needs to be played diffrently then DnD to truelly make it work well. From what i have read the crunch has been improved on as well because in first edition it was basicly who ever won iniative won the fight.

Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2011 - 12:42

Ok I will rethink, once i have reread some of the fluff, and read the new rule books, i may have a better idea of what to play.

Cheers for the link too.

Lol, nice analogy.... Leisurely swim through a lava pool :p
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 13:24

Quick update;

Having been reading my way through a ton of the books and all so started working on a spuer secret forum from which to run the game!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Feb 2011 - 17:58

i like the sound of the dungeon/western marches games, or anything else run with 4e
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Feb 2011 - 15:12

YoYo wrote:
i like the sound of the dungeon/western marches games, or anything else run with 4e

I don't think i will run 4e ever again as a rp YoYo because there are so many games that do RP beter then 4e.

I may run a 4e encounters game in the future but that would be it.

UPDATE:

Ok big thanks to JD who has decided to buy me the L5R 4e core book!!
(Small note i am bang up to being bribed with books so in the future if you want me to run something buying me the books for it is always a great idea!)

I will hopefully be asking for chr ideas in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
HappyNoodleBoy
+1 Cammando!
+1 Cammando!
HappyNoodleBoy

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011 - 22:21

Sorry Matty but I am going to withdraw from your L5R campaign. After thinking about it I have decided that I would like to run something again, and if i do that, I will not have time to run bloodbowl and play L5R aswell.

In the next couple of weeks I will start posting information about what I plan to run, I am going to go with my post apocalyptic fantasy idea, but am still undecided on what system yet, I plan to start looking at the dark sun (thanks for the suggestion matty) rules, but am also considering gurps. Any other suggestions would e welcome though.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011 - 23:11

nWoD or Cthulu would be cool for atmosphere in the post apocalyptic future.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2011 - 9:43

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011 - 15:00

looks sweet as. i have not read the book or even found a link that will get me close.
by the looks of it all. im going to be an old man who either controls fire or a tai chi master.
ill work on it when i know all the rules and everything.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Feb 2011 - 16:47

Legend of the Five Rings Core Rulebook
Back to top Go down
angry_dan
Loves the cock
Loves the cock
angry_dan

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2011 - 3:47

i was talking to a fellow rollplayer on the weekend. he was telling me that you can learn l5r in an afternoon.
he said it is one of the best balanced games he has ever played and says if i can get in on a group playing, i must.
keep us posted for updates.
Back to top Go down
Physicist
Power house!
Power house!
Physicist

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2011 - 12:48

The most important part of playing a good L5R game is to know your tradition, culture and etiquette. Glory and Honor are supplemental to this.
Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you can become either dead or a social outcast and as the game is based around social ebb and flow, being black sheeped is as good as being dead.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Forum Douche'
Forum Douche'
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2011 - 0:51

Also if you say bad shit to someone who's a better fighter than you, odds are good they'll then proceed to honour duel you in half.

Combat is brutal and over quickly.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011 - 11:13

Run out of L5R boks to read, thumbed through some Deadlands books.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011 - 12:35

While i am putting together this L5R game (which looking at the progress i am makeing wont start till after my trip mid year) i might run some shadown run in the interim.

It will probably be pre made chrs for players to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011 - 17:12

Oh good. I was worried due to the little one being born next month I would miss out. If you are starting after your trip I should be able to join in. Did you want the characters put together soon though?
Back to top Go down
Patty
Power house!
Power house!
Patty

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011 - 21:38

Matt wrote:
It will probably be pre made chrs for players to choose from.

Hornet wrote:
Did you want the characters put together soon though?

Patty wrote:
Something funny and sarcastic to point out the reading fail on Shamus' part
Back to top Go down
https://fatdicks.forumotion.com
Matt
Power house!
Power house!

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 10:37

It's funny reading back over this thread sometimes,

Ok getting my thoughts down for reference later.

I don't think i should bother with the L5R social death match and the Magic the gathering ideas, they would require large amounts of work from me and while the concept interests my players i don't think it would be that enjoyable when it came down to the crunch.
When you break it down it just requires to much input and effort from too many parties which makes it an unreliable source of fun.

I am still keen for some Shadowrun, but i am contemplating putting my next game to a vote, let the group as a whole decide what they want me to run. Could make an interesting change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Hornet
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2011 - 16:59

I am still into the idea of an L5R campaign. If you can't be bothered running the social death match style just run it as a feudal style campaign.
I would be up for the cyber punk styling of shadow run too. So let me know when you are ready.

I am cool to run a WOD game if any one is up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.   Matts Rp Idea Storage thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Matts Rp Idea Storage thread.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next